Cali National Parks Galore

4buckeye said:
Hope everyone is having an awesome summer still! Here's a post on a crammed weekend of national parks.

http://www.4buckeye.blogspot.com/2013/08/california-national-parks-galoreagain.html

There's also a post on more San Fran area, I know that's not WTW typical, but if interested, take a look! We had a blast at the parks and in the city.
Buckeye,thank you for the trip post.I really enjoyed seeing places I haven't been to for some time.
I am sorry you ran into so much "trash" out in our wild areas.Being a camper and resident of Calif.I find it also sad when we are out and about to find trash.I don't know the reason,maybe laziness,or just don't give a crap. I guess some people think "woodsy the owl and smokie the bear" will come and pick up after them.
One might think oh well the times are hard and the government doesn't want to spend the money,but I have seen this for a long time now even when times were better..
I guess all we can do is help and pack some of it out .
Thanks again for the report.
Looking forward to more in the future.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Buckeye,thank you for the trip post.I really enjoyed seeing places I haven't been to for some time.
I am sorry you ran into so much "trash" out in our wild areas.Being a camper and resident of Calif.I find it also sad when we are out and about to find trash.I don't know the reason,maybe laziness,or just don't give a crap. I guess some people think "woodsy the owl and smokie the bear" will come and pick up after them.
One might think oh well the times are hard and the government doesn't want to spend the money,but I have seen this for a long time now even when times were better..
I guess all we can do is help and pack some of it out .
Thanks again for the report.
Looking forward to more in the future.
Frank

Frank- agree completely. Laziness is right. There just comes a point when it's real disgusting and completely trashed. It was sad to see. California has some gorgeous landscape to offer, we are lucky to have been able to see your neck of the woods.

Boy, that was a lot crammed into a short time. Took a peek at some of your San Francisco photos too. Looks like the buckeyes are taking on America. Quite a trip, thanks for sharing!

I am a Docent at Calaveras Big Trees state Park just above Arnold California you will not find our state park that way. I am a avid back country camper and I can not say the back country is kept clean, some people that use our beautiful back country are down right pig's. I clean up as much as I can, I can only do so much by myself. There is a heavy fine when people leave their garbage behind and are caught. I do apologies for what you saw in California but I have seen the same miss use all over not just here.

Larry Perry said:
I am a Docent at Calaveras Big Trees state Park just above Arnold California you will not find our state park that way. I am a avid back country camper and I can not say the back country is kept clean, some people that use our beautiful back country are down right pig's. I clean up as much as I can, I can only do so much by myself. There is a heavy fine when people leave their garbage behind and are caught. I do apologies for what you saw in California but I have seen the same miss use all over not just here.
Larry ,we have a cabin at Dorrington and use Big Trees a lot.Yes it is a clean park thanks to all the people who pick up after themselves..But go up the hill to Lake Alpine and the trash people leave at the day use area at the back of the lake is shameful.
Thanks for your work at BTs.
Frank

I am a proponent of no trash bins/containers at parking areas, trailheads, info centers. Campgrounds are okay for trash containers for proper, quick disposal of food trash. The word should get out to carry out all the garbage you bring in no matter where you are. This includes what is now called "micro trash", cigarette butts, small bits, etc. We have created a culture that believes somebody will come along and clean it up. Look at the inside of a movie theater as the crowd is walking out. It's like somebody lower on the pecking order is suppose to clean up their garbage. It is disgusting.

Sorry for the hijack but this issue gets me jacked up.

ski3pin said:
Boy, that was a lot crammed into a short time. Took a peek at some of your San Francisco photos too. Looks like the buckeyes are taking on America. Quite a trip, thanks for sharing!

Ski- it was a lot! We spent a bit too much time in Colorado and are now on a time restricted trip, we have a wedding to be to beginning of September that was not in our plans until late spring. So our trip is basically cut 30 days short and everything we had planned on seeing is either being skipped or crammed!

Larry Perry said:
Larry, I'm sure there are many clean beautiful areas....just didn't come a crossed any. Just as Ski said, it gets me worked up as well. I do have to say, from being on the road since end of May, it has been a challenge to find somewhere to dispose of our trash at times, but we always do.

Back
Top Bottom