California RV Guide

Westisthebest

Does anyone have a good guide to traveling through California? Looking for places to go, things to do and that sort of stuff. Thanks!

For "big picture" planning and daydreaming, I consider my Benchmark Road and Recreation Atlas indispensable. The recreation section locates and provides a legend for government parks of all types, national forest facilities, boating facilities, and the like. The shaded relief landscape maps are of a larger scale and as such are useful for close-in navigation. They're sold on a state-by-state basis and I believe the CA edition can be purchased for around $25.

Check out www.forestcamping.com for free guidebooks to National Forest campgrounds nationwide.

Happy daydreaming, er, I mean, planning.

Foy

There are also a huge number of 4X4 and SUV route guide books that cover dirt roads to trails appropriate for off-road campers (i.e. the Rubicon won't likely be mentioned much, but routes like Titus Canyon will be.) My favorites are the now, I believe, out of print "Back Country Adventures" titles by Massey & Wilson.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Westisthebest,You might check out members trip blogs for ideas.
Frank
Was going to say the same thing Frank-pick a area and search this site. Lots of good info here, depnds on whether you ant to see the coast, mountains or desert-all all of it-it's here!

Smoke

Back
Top Bottom