Camp Spot - Between Reno/Grand Canyon

Adventurer

Gone Traveling
I'm probably taking a trip to Sedona in mid-April, traveling from Oregon to Reno to Grand Canyon to Sedona.

I'm looking for places to camp, the more remote the better. I'd like off the beaten path, but not so far off the beaten path that it takes too long to get there...meaning, my plan is to take 395 -> 95 -> 6 -> 93 -> 15 -> 59 -> 389 -> 89 over a period of two or three days, spend a few days there and then come back via I-5.

not far from Denio NV is Virgin Valley Campground (has a hot spring very close)

Further South, there is an infinite number of boondocking locations in Death Valley national Park and when you get on the road after being in the death valley back country, stop at Tecopa Springs for a shower and a soak in the hot spring pool.

FYI...VV CG in Nev is a nice camp location [not a dispersed site] but hot springs is not very hot, actually just warm, with bass swimming in it...but with indoor changing and shower stone building...google it for photos..

I may have the places confused, but doing a Google search, it looks like Denio is north of Reno? I'm looking for places more specifically between Reno and Sedona.

Thanks. I'll check those out.

ETA: that's exactly where I plan to be at some point...thx!!!

You won't be passing far from Benton Hot Springs. Maybe too close to home but the camp sites are pretty sweet.

Back
Top Bottom