Camper Cover for Eagle

betsyp

I have an Eagle model on my 2002 Tacoma (single cab). I park the camper outdoors (no garage) and so it is starting to show more wear than I'd like. It is also starting to leak a little in the right rear corner which I have tried to fix with no sucess and am still trouble shooting. Can anyone recommend a good cover for the camper? In the past, I have used a tarp but it is cumbersome and not completely effective. I would love a good cover that I can easily put on when the camper/truck is parked. I live in Grass Valley and so it rains a lot. Thanks! - Betsy

I use a cover that I bought from Amazon. It's called the Vortex Deluxe. I usually use it with the top up. It provides pretty good coverage. This will be its third season and most likely the last. On sale now for forty dollars. I live in rainy and windy Bellingham Washington.

betsyp said:
I have an Eagle model on my 2002 Tacoma (single cab). I park the camper outdoors (no garage) and so it is starting to show more wear than I'd like. It is also starting to leak a little in the right rear corner which I have tried to fix with no sucess and am still trouble shooting. Can anyone recommend a good cover for the camper? In the past, I have used a tarp but it is cumbersome and not completely effective. I would love a good cover that I can easily put on when the camper/truck is parked. I live in Grass Valley and so it rains a lot. Thanks! - Betsy
I'm in Grass Valley and also leave my "Hawk" outside. It leaked a little at the beginning of rain season last year so I resealed all of the screws that hold down the top where I thought it might be leaking and that took care of it. The same thing happened this week in a different area, so I re-sealed the the screws in the problem area and had no leaks from the past 2 days of rain. I didn't see any obvious loose screws when I was re-sealing. It's amazing how much water can get into an unseen gap. I'd be happy to help you try to fix this. Just send me a PM.
As far as covers, I just use a light weight tarp when the camper is off my truck. I know what you mean that it's hard to install, especially if it's windy.

Thanks for the responses. Ronin, I have re-sealed most of the spots where there might be leakage but there is one spot left that I think could use some attention. I'll give it a try and if this doesn't work, I will contact you. Thank you for your offer to help! - Betsy

Hello Betsy,

We had a cover made that covers the camper & the truck when not in use. It was custom made for our rig by Covercraft in Oklahoma. As they don't sell direct we had help from Gene at bigskycarcovers.com. They provided a general drawing of truck and camper and we provided the exact dimensions of our unit.

It takes two of us about 10 minutes to put on and take off, but really saves on wear and tear and the unit is clean and ready to go when we are. We also had a zippered door put in the back so we can access if for maintenance and loading without taking the entire cover off. It is effective in all weather & breathes so the camper doesn't sweat. I believe it cost around $600.00 at the time.

Attachments

• CamperCover1.jpg
    CamperCover1.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 90
  • CamperCover2.jpg
    CamperCover2.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 91
I also use an inexpensive tarp utilizing the tie down eye bolts and jack stands. I also wrap the top two feet with clear streach wrap availavle at Home Depot (keeps tarp from blowing)....not as pretty as a dedicated cover but only puts me back a few bucks and looks good in my driveway.

betsyp said:

Edgewood said:
I use a cover that I bought from Amazon. It's called the Vortex Deluxe. I usually use it with the top up. It provides pretty good coverage. This will be its third season and most likely the last. On sale now for forty dollars. I live in rainy and windy Bellingham Washington.

Jeromelo said:
I also use an inexpensive tarp utilizing the tie down eye bolts and jack stands. I also wrap the top two feet with clear streach wrap availavle at Home Depot (keeps tarp from blowing)....not as pretty as a dedicated cover but only puts me back a few bucks and looks good in my driveway.
Found this thread looking into a cover for my new to me Northstar TC 800 pop top. my first year with it, and was thinking I would cover it in some way. I am looking at the following two covers I found when looking for that one linked above:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019ZLPLS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OLMHEL6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A36MMU92PLSMVI&psc=1

Thinking I may go with the second one as a compromise between a tarp and too expensive a cover, though I like the extra loops for underneath securing on the more expensive first one. Thoughts?

EDIT: Ended up putting mine under cover in our carport after I moved some lawn furniture around and pulled the boat out to tuck the camper behind. Problem solved!

Back
Top Bottom