Camper insurance

verynice

Just got my truck and camper insured for theft and was surprised at the value. According to Farmers, a 1994 (depending on condition) is valued at $7,000-$11,000 for camper alone excluding contents. I thought that was pretty good considering I only paid $4500 for the whole truck/camper setup. Just wanted to pass this along to you guys. :)

Good luck ever getting anything close to that is if they total them out and need to actually pay you.

They usually get their values here ...

www.nadaguides.com

: (

Why wouldn't they pay what it's insured for? This is the payout that I was quoted for by my agent for theft as we (and probably most of us) leave our camper in the boonies before we even start hiking to our favorite spots where it is vulnerable to theft. $7-11K for camper and $3K for contents+ truck. I would hate to pay for this and not be able to collect...

I'm not sure how the insurance companies work?

But over the last 12 years I have had to write up at least 12 "estimate value" letters for my customers that were challenging their insurance company on what the camper was really worth.

The insurance companies were offering them a settlement at 1/2 of what the camper would sell for on craigslist any day of the week.

The insurance companies are not going to make a habit of paying out more that the truck and camper is worth.

If anything (just my opinion) they rarely pay out a fair replacement value on items that were totaled or stolen.

Even if you tell them the truck & camper are worth such & such amount, they have to show their underwriters how they are coming up with an accurate replacement value.

Example: Kelly Blue Book, Nada Guide, etc.

I don't mind paying for insurance, so i'm not an insurance hater.

I just know what I have heard and seen over the years with many many customers.

: (

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 110
Have had AAA for more than 50 years...took them the camper a few years ago and they said it was worth 3K....took the camper down to the local office....had the agent there at the truck, pumped it up...took her inside sat her down at the table offered her a soda out of the refer.....and wrote up a coverage for 11K right there on the table, in the camper......

eye of the beholder issue

Back
Top Bottom