Camper is done. AT can holder install

craig333

Riley's Human
I have finally accomplished all my major goals for the camper. Well except for the cabinet I want to build. The new project someone will undoubtebly convince me I must have. Well for the moment I will bask in my doneness :cool: Never really done I suppose. Okay, the AT can holder was this weekends project. I spent more on parts to get the project completed than the holder itself, but well, I really wanted a drill press and can you really have too much extra angle square tubing and assorted bolts? Project took much longer than I anticipated due mostly to constantly changing installation ideas. Mostly this method was shamelessly stolen from someone here on WTW, sorry I forget who at the moment. In spite a few extra holes I drilled, I'm reasonably happy with how it turned out.
can4_zps998a6ed9.jpg

can2_zps2b498487.jpg

AT has the holders in stock again but unfortunately only the carb2 style strap is in stock atm. I'll go with a plastic can when they get the other straps in stock. I had to relocate my shovel. Just bungeed on, not sure if thats gonna stay that way.
canrack_zps4d6c6c1e.jpg

Shovel is bungeed on. Check this thread for the jack installation.
http://www.wanderthe...%20lift__st__20

That reminds me, while I had the camper jacked up I did finish the last bolt on the jack mount. And I found out that FWC did include the jack drill attachment. I just never noticed it was in there until today. I guess I should clean out the pantry a bit more often :cautious:

Use varies. Might be extra gas for the Jeep. Might be extra water, might be extra diesel. All depends on the what the trip calls for. I don't think beer would be a good idea.

Shovel is required if you want a campfire. Dig out of a mud or snow stuck. Level a barbecue. Bury things you don't want anyone to find. Lots of stuff.

Use varies. Might be extra gas for the Jeep. Might be extra water, might be extra diesel. All depends on the what the trip calls for. I don't think beer would be a good idea.

Shovel is required if you want a campfire. Dig out of a mud or snow stuck. Level a barbecue. Bury things you don't want anyone to find. Lots of stuff.

Thanks. I carry a small shovel. Never thought of carrying a full size. Seems like a better way to go, though.

I carry a small shovel. Never thought of carrying a full size. Seems like a better way to go, though.

We carry a full size round point for dirt (summer) and for winter (snow & ice) a full size flat bladed shovel. Our alternate mount. Just need to grab the shovel before raising the top. Yakima Shovel Rack

Many times in the winter we have returned to the truck to find the shovel has been used along with a nice note thanking us for having a shovel.

If you're digging in sierra cement, you need a full size shovel. Preferably with a nice fiberglass handle. Never had anyone borrow mine yet.

bumper.jpgVery nicely done! Thanks for sharing. I just finished creating box for my spare gas can (plus other stuff) also.

Here's the photos. This is a swing-out bumper; meaning the top part of it swing out away from the camper door. The idea is that I can put spare gas can inside this box and lock it via the hinged top. It is also desgned to be just the right size to fit two sets of snow shoes. I bought a stock Smittybuilt bumper which had swing out tire carrier. I cut off the carrier and welded together this box and welded it to the bumper bar. The bumper was no designed to fit my truck so I built my own attachment brackets and welded it on so that it sits out beyond the back of the camper. Before the camper acted as a bumper because it was longer than the truck (not good). The license plater has a light and there red light in the center is for turns/brakes.

The other picture is something difficult to see. It is a 4 ft long basket (~ 1 ft deep) that is behind the bumper. It will get wet. I can use it to store things like shovel, leveling blocks, etc. basket2.jpg

Looks great. What was the bumper orginally designed for?

Craig,
The bumper I believe was for a full sized Jeep. I have a Nissan Frontier. The size was right, but the attachment brackets would not work so I had to build my own out of 3/16 steel.

Chris

I just pulled the bumper off of my truck today. I sure my new bumper shows up tomorrow. Looks pretty weird without one.

Back
Top Bottom