Camper rear door entry

gsbfree

Contributors
I'm another lurker that's facinated a FWC Hawk will fit on my 06 Tundra DC. I appreciate all the info provided by everyone. Unfortunately I have yet to see in person a FWC, factory says they don't have record of any customers in Southwest Idaho.

Since I haven't been able to touch, feel and smell a FWC yet I do wonder about the rear door entry and couch sticking out into the walkway beyond the door frame. Seems like it's a big obstacle sticking out from the pictures.

Do any of you owners feel the couch causes congestion or difficulty getting in/out of the door, or banged your legs on the couch/metal frame? I've attached a couple of pictures from the FWC website to help illustrate my question.

If anyone hangs around the Southwest Idaho area shot me a PM, I'd love to see your rig.

Nope. And I have the wide door, as well.

I'm in Seattle, if you ever come by, to let me know and you are welcome to take a gander.

Dave

Larger totes are a bit awkward to load but you get used to it and I have the old style door. Life is a compromise but by and large this is a great camper.

Hello G,

It has been no problem for me. And I have a portapotti stashed in the space twixt the couch and the door. I'm 6'1" 210lb and haven't noticed any obstruction (contorting myself to attach/remove turnbuckles is another matter). ;)

I do however use a short folding stepladder for entry which allows me to step further into the camper when entering.

I'm in the Seattle area but am regularly in central Washington during whitewater season and again in the fall for hunting.

Old Man Grumpus

As Jay sez...big loads, like my cooler can be a bit of a hassel to load/unload. However, getting in and out personally is not an issue at all.

Good Question

When I purchased my FWC I asked a lot of questions (Stan sold us ours) but never that one. I must agree with others the couch sticking out has been no problem, in fact when loading things that stay on the couch during travel it makes it easier. I am 6'2" and 190 lbs and have hit my head way more than my knee's......maybe I do hit my knee's but just can't remember!

I will be passing through Pocatello, Idaho Falls, Rexburg, St Anthonoy on my way to Montana probably on Monday and have a Hawk on the back of a Tundra and if you are in the area I would jump at the opportunity to show her off. Four years ago when we drove to Alaska I can't tell you how many times I got to pop the top to show it off. It was amazing how many people approached us in parking lots, gas stations or in campgrounds to see how it worked and what it was like. Great fun.

Back
Top Bottom