Camper shifting

Debannq

I've had my camper in my truck for a few weeks. It had shifted a bit and I wasn't concerned but now it has shifted so that the camper box is right up again the drivers side wheel well. Should I be concerned and redo it or is it OK?

I have a 1972 Vanguard. She's an oldie. My tie-downs are still snug as a bug
Thanks

I recommend if you have corner jacks to raise it up and put in a horse stall pad or 3/4" thick similar material liner. You want 'sticky'. I found my Eagle would shift after some challenging road no matter how tight I thought I had the turnbuckles. I have upgraded to higher strength steel ones with locknuts and colder pins. (Safety Joe!)

Debannq said:
I have a 1972 Vanguard. She's an oldie. My tie-downs are still snug as a bug
Thanks
That seems unusual, I would have expected the drivers side turnbuckles to be slack. Has it slid fore/aft, too?

The advice to add a rubber mat is spot on. I use stall mats with my trucks.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to try shifting it back but definitely will get a mat down the road.

Ours only seems to shift to the left (driver's side). Maybe that's because the camper has all it's heavy gadgets on that side (fridge, heat, sink, stove). Bummer that the fuel tank is also on that side, but that's another issue. We have the rubber mats. Generally it only moves when on nasty roads.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom