Camping/Climbing/Biking N. Maine

erod

hey all, been traveling for nearly 12 days, ended up in maine, started in montana! internet availability is limited (currently on an island) but thought i would ask if any WTW members could recommend some good camping spots N. of portland, ME. haven't been able to post lately but have some time today...we are heading N. tomorrow and will have a couple days, won't have time to get to far N....thinking acadia, bar harbor, maybe baxter state park but still haven't nailed anything down (seems to be the theme of this tour :) ), seems like this time of year is pretty crowded. anyone have any info? i have the 4wheel camper so we would love to do some car camping and hopefully some climbing (otter cliffs...?) and some biking. will trade info on montana :D . anyhow, thought this would be a good place to inquire. cheers and thanks in advance!

You should really try to see Bar Harbor area and Acadia. It's been a number of years since last there, but the scenery is definitly not Montana. You can try to stay in Acadia, but I'm sure it will be hard to get in. There are numerous private campgrounds along the way to Acadia, and a lot of hiking a short way from them. If you had the time, taking the ferry to Nova Scotia (about 6 hour trip), going around Nova Scotia and then driving back is really beautiful. Would be really easy with FWC. (Tends to rain often.) Might need a reservation to get on ferry though. I was on motorcycle the time I took the ferry, they just slip you in between the cars.

Have fun, wish I was going.

Back
Top Bottom