camping need the "big heads" in South Dakota

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie
Site Team
Heading east after Yellowstone we will head to the "Big Heads"of S.Dakota.I have checked out some camps to stop for the night.Anyone have info for the Custer area to spend a night?One is the Comanche park it's right on hwy US 16,others are a little bit east of that but in the same general area.I saw some NF camps that looked nice but for our needs in that area they are a bit out of the way.
Frank

Heading east after Yellowstone we will head to the "Big Heads"of S.Dakota.I have checked out some camps to stop for the night.Anyone have info for the Custer area to spend a night?One is the Comanche park it's right on hwy US 16,others are a little bit east of that but in the same general area.I saw some NF camps that looked nice but for our needs in that area they are a bit out of the way.
Frank

I stayed at a NF camp in Spearfish Canyon, it was fine. Directions: Spearfish, SD

1. Head south on Main St/US-14 Scenic E toward W Illinois St
Continue to follow US-14 Scenic E

1.1 mi
2. Turn right onto US-14 Alt E/US-14 Scenic E

13.1 mi
3. Turn right onto Co Rd 222/Roughlock Falls Rd

3.0 mi
4. Turn right

325 ft

Unknown road There is also a campsite on a little lake (Horse Thief Lake)just down the road (SW?) from the heads on 244, NF I believe. Further East the remote campsite in Badland NP is good. We had to drive through a herd of Bison to get there.

We had to drive through a herd of Bison to get there.

That's cool. I'd go there just hoping to have the same experience. :)

Back
Top Bottom