Cannot Determine IP Address

........................and now as I tried to post a comment to a photo. My comment was lost. I'm tired of this issue...........................

Before posting, select all the message and copy it. Then when the IP error occurs, just past into the message text box and try again. Saves quite a lot of work if you fat finger the messages like I do.

Paul

Yesterday it happened- wouldn't let me post a reply. I went into the "more reply options" screen and it worked then. Happened to me this morning on my first login attempt. The login failed and I got the message. Tried again and no problem. Working fine now.

edit: I'm using Firefox.

edit 2: When I hit the edit button it replaced this post with the "cannot determine your IP address" text and wouldn't let me edit. I opened the message in edit in a new window and was able to post this. Weird. Good luck to the admins.

My picture comments are also being lost when I hit submit followed by IP address error message. I refill the comments and hit submit again and it always takes it without an error message. Occurs about half the time with picture uploads. Using Chrome.

Happened to me several times this morning. I have never seen this error before in many years and scores of forums.

I looked through the support pages for IP.Board (the company that designed the forum software that WTW uses) and found only one instance of the error people are reporting here. It was from 2011, and the "Could not determine your IP address" error only occurred from mobile clients (phones, tablets etc).

It may be beneficial to the WTW administrators to know which operating system (Windows 7,8,10, MacOS, iOS, Android), which browser you are using and exactly when you encounter the error.

wuck,

I didn't think anyone would be using Linux OS. My bad.

A fellow Ubuntu user.

images

wuck said:
I've been getting the error over the last few days.

Browser is Chromium Version 37.0.2062.120 running on Ubuntu 12.04 (281580)

I got it logging in today. I completed the username/password page then when I hit submit it directed me to the cannot determine IP address or something like that. I refreshed the page and all was good. I am running Windows 8.1.

OK, now what's this?!

Error-503.jpg

I got this when I clicked on my bookmark for wanderthewest.com/forum. I waited a few seconds and tried again and I got through.

Got it this morning trying to edit a post.

Using MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan and Firefox.

My guess is an issue with the WTW host server unable to query the IP address connecting computers.

The problems appears to occur at random intervals.

Also, noted that on some attempts to edit posts results in text editor commands mysteriously appearing in the edited post even though I haven't enabled the text editor mode. This issue seems to be related to the IP address is as well.

Error 503 means the website is down or unreachable. Probably due to maintenance.

Are the WTW overlords looking at the IP address issue?

MarkBC said:
OK, now what's this?!

attachicon.gif
Error-503.jpg

I got this when I clicked on my bookmark for wanderthewest.com/forum. I waited a few seconds and tried again and I got through.

Back
Top Bottom