Can't Find Your Keys....Again?

PackRat

At home you have your "place" for the car/truck/house keys so when you can't find them, you at least know where to start to look for them. When camping or on the road you need to find a similar place to put them so you don't have to continually replace them or go looking for the Secret Key Stash to at least get home.

I kept my set of truck/camper keys on a good sized lanyard. When in the camper, me and the Mrs. just hung up our lanyard on a cup hook some previous owner had attached for something near the rear of the Alaskan. When venturing out for fishing or boating or hiking....you can lose them so I would loop them around my belt and then into my pocket so they could not get lost while rummaging around for some trail mix or sunscreen. That way they don't fall down in some Black Hole in the camper or fall out someplace in the boondocks. They add just enough size to the key ring to make it easier to find in your day bag, a purse, or elsewhere if you go swimming.

You can find them in the colors of your favorite team, in a gaudy fluorescent color, with a flat weave or round weave, in any color on the planet and CHEAP. Many companies issue them with credentials at events and there are always a ton of them left over...take your pick.

Here's an electronic version, it has a 200 foot range and it's waterproof. Haven't tried it myself, I'm more of a lanyard guy - I don't always keep a cell phone on me.
https://www.amazon.com/Tile-Sport-Finder-Anything-Graphite/dp/B073QPMFVJ/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1514541474&sr=1-6&keywords=tile+key+finder
aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9WLzEvNzM4NTQxL29yaWdpbmFsL3RpbGVfZmFtaWx5LmpwZw==

Shoot I wear my house keys on a lanyard...around town...yes I'm that bad ( Garage door is fickle!! ) This thread has reminded me I need another lanyard for my truck keys so thanks for the reminder! :D

I keep a magnet hide-a-key box covered in black gorilla tape on the top of my truck frame. gets me into the truck in an emergency. I hide a camper key in a space inside the truck one would never find without structural knowledge. For day to day I am "carbiner bob"... never w/o out the master key ring on the pants loop. Lost keys stay lost if they are that lost. My truck does have an app for opening the door but give me air... not looking to jump on that wagon.

Moose dog new the FWC forum. I carry two keys on a lanyard ....works well for me. Any other keys they are kept in the truck on a lanyard as well. We use push key pads one the house locks which are a huge help for having less keys To lose or in your pockets. I think we will try a keypad for the FWC As well

I have kept my keys on a carabiner, or some kind of clip-device since I was in high school, and clip them to my belt loop.

and in the camper, I have two hooks I put up inside specifically for hanging keys!
I also have a magnet hide-a-key box for the "just in case"

I'll just add that I had a dogtag cut for my keyring that reads:

REWARD IF FOUND
MY NAME
MY CELL PHONE #
MY EMAIL@
MY PROVIDER

I'll gladly give somebody $20 for returning a chipped key that will cost me $50 or more to replace.

The keys on the ring all have those bright plastic covers that will make the ring easier to find if dropped somewhere outside.

Back
Top Bottom