canvas repair product

boogieman

i have an older (87 i think) fleet thats had the canvas replaced at some point with the newer grey style material, this was done at fwc. i have a few pin holes, seams, and small slits that i can see day light through, what kind of goo is good to use? i generally dont like using silicone...

Aquaseal would work for small holes...I use it to repair air mattresses and ski gloves,etc. It is made for wet suits and waders. It is many times stronger than silicone. you can accelerate the long cure time with Toluene or their expensive Cotol. They make a hard to find large tube. You must keep it frozen until you need it after it is opened as it will set up in the tube. I've kept then for a couple if years as long as they are frozen.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Gear-Aid-Aquaseal-reg-Wader-Repair-Adhesive/721032.uts?productVariantId=1718360&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=83145000&rid=20&ds_rl=1252079&gclid=CjwKCAjwkYDbBRB6EiwAR0T_-oSGjDgfbsBwi8sBud_J7q-NWXl-ej5Dk7-ahcIZ5pS0YaOqvljZMhoCJKIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Aquaseal, clean with a good solvent to get any contaminates off, also to remove any 303 or similar coatings. Do not scrub fabric hard with the solvent and use sparingly. Little dab will do ya with the Aquaseal. Aquaseal is not UV stable, so if on the outside you will need to patch over it if your fabric gets lots of exposure.

Back
Top Bottom