Carefree Awning: Take Two... pics this time!

RobNE

Advanced Member
Note: sorry about the pics... rookie mistake!

Hey All, just thought I would share my initial experience with a Carefree of Colorado awning. When I was looking, I didn't really see any on the site or any comments. I haven't camped with it... just sat underneath it in the driveway. :D
Its a manual box awning, aluminum, 26#, 8'x6.5'. I was considering several options, then found a guy on craigslist who sells them locally (Mass.). A new one of any color is $272. Carefree makes a screen room for it as well, although, after reading some other posts, I think I can make one. There is an awning sleeve(?) in the end, similar to the rail, where awning cord can go. It has both adjustable side supports/rails and adjustable legs, which all fold up into the awning box.

Install was pretty easy, Stan was super helpful with pics of awnings, Eagle frame, etc. I haven't gotten it completely screwed down, its held on by a few screws for a test fit. Looking forward to an actual test though soon.:D

Grandpa kickin' it under the new awning in the last one!

Attachments

• P4091861.JPG
    P4091861.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 479
  • P4091869.JPG
    P4091869.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 465
  • P4091870.JPG
    P4091870.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 474
  • P4091871.JPG
    P4091871.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 493
  • P4091867.JPG
    P4091867.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 490
Awesome Rig

Wow, love that rig for your camper. Probably zero miles to the gallon but I suspect you'll be pretty tired after the first couple of miles on the road.

Thanks for sharing your awning. Cool. :thumb:

Cart for Camper

Hi RobNE: Can you tell us about the cart? Did you buy it?, Make it? Where did you get it?
Darryl
I need one.

Thank you,

May I be so bold as to suggest yet once more......

Attachments

• 42708.gif
    42708.gif
    19 KB · Views: 381
  • 37510.jpg
    37510.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 393
cart

Hi RobNE: Can you tell us about the cart? Did you buy it?, Make it? Where did you get it?
Darryl
I need one.

Thank you,

Hey Darryla, I got the cart at Tractor Supply, its a Gorilla cart rated at 1000#... a shade under $100. I'm not sure I can recommend it though. Oddly, the wheels could use a sleeve between the bearing and the axles they ride on (not a snug fit). Sometimes the front wheels have some exaggerated camber under load :eek:... it generally works fine and my drive way has a few dips, etc, so the pneumatics are nice and the right size. I can easily roll it in and out of my garage, using the handle (actually I just push the cabover and steer it that way). I think the one from Harbor Freight that Chnlisle pointed out *might* be a better option? Not sure if others have used it.

I may give Gorilla Carts a call and ask them about it... otherwise, the cart is prety good and worked out of the box! I needed something quickly at the time as the guy I bought it from was delivering the camper days later.
Rob

Back
Top Bottom