Cast Iron Snobbery

Hahaha! This will pair nicely with my $325 Yeti spatula! I'm hoping they will offer a $1000 bottle of oil for seasoning the pan.

just saw one in the second hand store in Missoula for $10 - only it did not have Yeti stamped on it....

fish more said:
Well you know " There's an ass for every seat !"
Well that's a usable phrase in so may circumstances... why am I always surprised when i see prices like that and that they are getting people to pay? Granted I am swayed by pretty stuff at times but slick ads really do work on many. Like the "Best Made" line of toys for boys .... yikes prices ...... https://www.duluthtrading.com/best-made/

I'm at the stage in my life where I'll pay for quality and customer service but really, how can you make a better cast iron skillet?

kmcintyre said:
I'm at the stage in my life where I'll pay for quality and customer service but really, how can you make a better cast iron skillet?
Finish of the cooking surface, but my guess is the brand name is most of it.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Thanks.
Frank
I bought one of these in Canada at Lee Valley. I love it! Then I saw a silicone ‘sponge’ surrounded in stainless steel rings at BiMart, made by Lodge. I’ve gotten them for friends, they are wonderful. Not sure which I like better.

I'd be really really happy if one of you would get me one of these Yeti skillets for xmas. I've been a good boy. No naughty list for me. No need to gift wrap.

Our town has a fall festival on the common each ...well... fall... and one of the events is the cast iron skillet toss... If you brought that fancy lightweight one maybe you could toss the furthest and win the big prize!

ski3pin said:
I'd be really really happy if one of you would get me one of these Yeti skillets for xmas. I've been a good boy. No naughty list for me. No need to gift wrap.
Bein’ a good boy ain’t gunna cut it. At the askin’ price of one of them Yeti pans, y’all gunna need to walk above water.

buckland said:
Our town has a fall festival on the common each ...well... fall... and one of the events is the cast iron skillet toss... If you brought that fancy lightweight one maybe you could toss the furthest and win the big prize!
Julie has competed in the skillet toss in Hamilton, Montana. They toss 9" skillets that they provide. Contestants cannot bring their own. I doubt a Yeti Skillet will ever be awarded as a first prize.

Idaho-Oregon-Aug2022-146-copy.webp

Idaho-Oregon-Aug2022-166-copy.webp

Back
Top Bottom