Eezi-Awn Table Mount Antenna Clearance

ScottKranks

I recently mounted the Eezi-Awn table below the bed of my Fleet on my 2016 Ext Cab Tacoma. The clearance ended up being a lot tighter than I had calculated between the antenna and the mounts. For those that have mounted items below the bed I’m wondering how much flex there may be and if I should look into removing the shark fin antenna or if the approximate half-inch gap is permissible when on bumpy roads.

Attachments

• IMG_2934.jpeg
    IMG_2934.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 35
I have a FWC Keystone on my 1993 Dodge Club cab long bed pickup. I recall measuring as much as 1" - 1-1/2" change in the gap space when backing up the truck over a tall curb one wheel at a time. I'm sure this varies from truck to truck depending on model, wheelbase and bed length.

I made the measurements because I have long thought of putting a rack on the top of my truck cab (or on the bottom of the camper overhang, but have not gotten around to that - yet.

Probably best to jack up one corner of the rear until the tire is off the ground and measure before and after change in clearance. Then maybe add 1/2" or so as margin for other unidentified but possible factors such as experiencing a bad bounce going over a large pothole, that could decrease the gap further.

Ended up mounting a camera and driving an off camber section of road with big cobbles and also some high speed bumps. Although there was clear movement of the camper the gap was unchanged.

Back
Top Bottom