Chest Style Compressor Refrigerators and Dust

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
Julie and I - since 2011 - have used Indel B TB51A chest style fridges in our two campers. Every couple of years I pull the fridge out and do a thorough clean up around the compressor and condenser coils. Although we keep our camper quite clean and we have little to no dust intrusion, the condenser fan brings everything into the fridge. I apologize that I did not take any "after" photos, but here are 4 "before" photos to illustrate what you may find in yours. The dust was sticky. Vacuum and air pressure did little. A soft brush and care cleaned up the area well.

Fridge-Clean-001-copy.webp

Fridge-Clean-002-copy.webp

Fridge-Clean-003-copy.webp

Fridge-Clean-004-copy.webp

Thanks for this posting. I have a similar Truckfridge and have never given it a cleaning. You've inspired me to clean mine. Is taking the panels off pretty straight forward? Any tips on what not to do?

Ronin said:
Thanks for this posting. I have a similar Truckfridge and have never given it a cleaning. You've inspired me to clean mine. Is taking the panels off pretty straight forward? Any tips on what not to do?
It's straight forward; several small phillips head screws on the bottom and along the sides. The panel comes off downward. I did not unhook any of the electrical.

I did not do anything "scientific" in regards to quantifying any performance improvement, but I have to believe a clean fridge is a happy fridge.

Back
Top Bottom