Chili Cookoff at Ice House 2-13

craig333

Riley's Human
The fourth annual chili cookoff is happening february 13th at the Ice House Resort parking lot. Ice House is off highway 50 in N.CA. I plan on going and competing. I don't even have a chili recipe yet but I have some ideas. Its a very casual fun event. Winner gets bragging rights and small plaque. Its not like the big events.

http://www.ccmg4wd.org/09Chili_Cookoff.html

Hopefully I can find a place to camp in the snow. Hopefully the weather cooperates. If its too cold I'll be in the bar. At least there'll be tons of 4wheelers there in case I get stuck.

I don't know. I"ll check on that. I would think so. Haven't had much snow lately.

We're going out that weekend also, but we're going coastal. It's looking like we are going to be getting rain down here that weekend. Likely to be snowing up there. Be prepared.

Having the FWC makes being prepared pretty easy. I will definitely toss the chains in the truck. Just for fun I'll also take my snowshoes and plenty of winter clothing.

About two feet of snow at Julie's place at Icehouse today. Snowpack in the Crystal Basin is at 118% of normal with on and off storms predicted through this week. Icehouse road can be very icy as it was this morning. Came upon one vehicle into the bank. Plan accordingly.

SMUD plows the snow on Icehouse Road for access to their hydro facilities. They do plow the boat ramp parking and the ramp at Icehouse Reservoir so you can launch during the winter.

Fish More,

You might want to ask on Fishsniffer's forum. It has a lot of members that frequent that area.

BTW, the weathermonkeys have now removed the rain predicted for this coming weekend. Have a good time guys.

Ted, Thanks for the tip, went on Fishsniffer's Forum, did not get any good info about Ice House. Just going to wing it, make it another adventure !!

I'm really disappointed its not supposed to snow. Chili in the snow, braving hypothermia. Doesn't get any better. Maybe if I go up Friday I can get some.

Well I am sad to say I did not take first place. Or second or third. But I did run into fishmore at the reservoir. Nuff to say his moniker is well earned. Weather couldn't have been nicer. Heater gave me a scare, had to beat on the thermostat a few times before it started working. The new sleeping bag which came in just hours before I left was very nice. Definitely a good purchase there.

Back
Top Bottom