Coast to Coast in a Hawk.

billharr

Just a quick post to say we are on our way. Driving to Baltimore and back to CA. Will post full report when back and random posts and pictures when I have internet.

Attachments

• a 1.jpg
    a 1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 189
  • a 2.jpg
    a 2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 249
  • a 3.jpg
    a 3.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 212
  • traffic yellowstone.jpg
    traffic yellowstone.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 252
  • a start.jpg
    a start.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 252
It will be awesome, Bill. We've camped on the Pacific, the Atlantic, the Gulf of mexico and the Great Lakes.

If you're rolling through Houston and have time, look us up.

Made the eastern time zone. I worked for Hormel for 31 years and have lots of friends in the Midwest. Stayed with them the last two nights Austin Mn and Dubuque IA. Great to see old friends. Did camp Walmart last night have to say it was quite and nice. Having coffee at McD's and using the WiFi. Will be somewhere in Canada tonight and will see Niagara Falls tomorrow. Have been setting the heater at 50 at night, auto thermostate goes to 70 at 6:00AM so we get up. nice and toasty :rolleyes: Love my heater.

Bill

Now in Baltimore for a week with the daughter. So far the trip has been great. Not a lot of off road camping but camp Walmart is working out great. In Canada found the only problem so far, my wing over the truck had moved back and rubbed part way into the trim strip on the camper. Home Depot for some caulk and large rubber chair bumpers and we are good to go. Surprised to see grapes, peach and cherry trees so far north in Canada, I was told the lake keeps the area warm. Some great color in the trees we were told we were about a week late. New maps on the Garmin did not have Maryland (may have been my problem on install). Customer service at Garmin was great and everything is working now. Next week we go south.

Bill

Attachments

• a problem.jpg
    a problem.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 158
  • a spam can.jpg
    a spam can.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 193
  • a Us at Niagara.jpg
    a Us at Niagara.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 190
  • a more color.jpg
    a more color.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 191
  • a shop in the lock.jpg
    a shop in the lock.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 179
  • a we were told the color was over.jpg
    a we were told the color was over.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 152
Down week is going well made a day trip to Amish country in PA today. Lots of tourist stuff in the towns, but you can get on a small road and it is a trip back in time. Farms are all well kept, with horses doing the work. Weather calls for 4 to 6 inches of snow tomorrow just in time we are going south on Monday.

Attachments

• a intercouse.jpg
    a intercouse.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 121
  • a laundry two.jpg
    a laundry two.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 139
  • Amish wagon.jpg
    Amish wagon.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 144
Bill, you might enjoy the Cornwall Iron Furnace while you're in that part of PA

Wish I had known a day earlier I would have loved to see that. Area is now under 4 to 6 inches of white. Baltimore where we are now is expecting 4 inches of snow today. Looking forward to driving south next Monday and warmer weather.

Bill

Nice trip Bill.I was going to ask if it was you I saw on the east carson friday a week ago(21st),but I thing you would have already been further on your trip.The rig I saw there,around the Silver City camp ground on hwy 4 looked like your rig.Have fun,watch out for the snow,It's nice and sunny here at the coast.I have family in the Amish area and saw some pictures this morning of the snow.

Frank

Back on the road again. Left Baltimore and the cold and headed to Assateague Island and the wild ponies.
horses.jpg
Nice day warm and no rain.
camper on the east coast.jpg
us on the east coast beach.jpg
Started to rain at 9 that night and rained HARD until 6 am. The top of the Hawk sounded like a drum. First night I have not slept good in the hawk. Next day down and over and under the Chesapeake bay bridge / tunnel. Visited my nephew at Norfolk pronounced NorF#@k by all the locals.He is in the navy and took us around the base and the sub he is on. Spending the night on the NC outer banks lots of wind. Tomorrow we explore the outer banks and then further south.

Bill

(I'll try and get in front a bit this time.) If you find yourself passing through Pensacola, visit Joe Patti's.

Thanks just Goggled Joe Patti's and it is on the list to stop, Sushi :D

We plan to go south to Jacksonville and head west across the gulf coast. Tuson AZ then up to Phoenix and over to Joshua Tree park.

Any one with a must see along the route please post.

Bill

EDIT: You should be passing close to Prejean's In Lafaytte, LA, one of our favorite Cajun Restaurants. (I use their cookbook exclusively for Cajun.)

If you like to surf cast (and you come by during the week) we can take you to Surfside Beach

Camp on the Gulf for free.

EDIT: You should be passing close to Prejean's In Lafaytte, LA, one of our favorite Cajun Restaurants. (I use their cookbook exclusively for Cajun.)

If you like to surf cast (and you come by during the week) we can take you to Surfside Beach

Camp on the Gulf for free.

Put Prejeans on the list. May contact you when we get close to Houston.

Bill

Camp Walmart Savannah GA tonight. Saw Pearls Topiary's this morning unreal. Pearlfryar.com
I will get up pictures with I have time to edit and a better connection.

Bill Harr

Camp Walmart Savannah GA tonight. Saw Pearls Topiary's this morning unreal. Pearlfryar.com
I will get up pictures with I have time to edit and a better connection.

Bill Harr

Bet it's hard to dig a cathole in those parking lots :LOL: Check the thread on Big Bend, you'll be passing through some of that same territory. Balmorhea is right off I10 http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/balmorhea/ If you come through Las Cruces and want some good local mexican food let me know!

Back
Top Bottom