Cold aluminum old style sofa bunk easy fix

John D

Thanks guys for telling me how to fix my problem.

Three things the readers will want to see; 1. the absolutely superb condition of this 25+ year old Keyston, 2, the old style fold down sofa bunk, and 3. Absence of carpet compared to Stan’s pictures.

No wonder I’m cold with my back against the naked aluminum. I will soon fix that problem with a strip of carpet.

The old style fold down bunk makes a nice sofa for lounging and entertaining. Once readers see this arrangement, I expect FWC and ATC will have some orders for new campers built this way (if there is room).

Our FWC campers have proven durability as shown by the condition of this camper, most of which is original. The work done at ATC on this camper made it “as new”.

Aluminum frame campers last and last and last. Anyone contemplating the purchase of a camper should understand an aluminum frame unit is a better investment compared to those with wooden frames.

John D

Attachments

• Old Keystone Interior[1].JPG
    Old Keystone Interior[1].JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 374
  • no carpet [1].JPG
    no carpet [1].JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 364
John that camper is in great shape!!!

I had a old FWC Fleet model that had the same bunk set up that folded down like yours. The problem was I did not have the room like yours to sleep two side by side with the bent knee room.

I took out the bed and made a pull out slider like how the current models are being made. This gave us more room to sleep side by side without falling out of bed.

Because the fleet is wider than the current Ranger model I cut a peice of 2 inch PVC pipe to put at the middle on the front edge to the floor to give it some protection from bowing even though it was not needed.

Thanks for sharing those pictures.

I couldn't have said it better.

Aluminum frame campers last and last and last. Anyone contemplating the purchase of a camper should understand an aluminum frame unit is a better investment compared to those with wooden frames.

John D

My '99 Dodge truck cost much more than my 2000 FWC Hawk, but if I were to sell either, I would probably ask about the same price for the Dodge as the FWC. I plan to keep the Chevy for a very long time and from what I've read and my own experience, the FWC will probably out live the Chevy.

Back
Top Bottom