Cold weather in the Hawk

Durango1

OK, we've "bought out" the last week of November to head to the San Rafael Swell, etc in Utah. My question is how well will my Hawk do with the nights forecast to be in the low 20's? I'm not worried about Sioux and me since we have a big honking double sleeping bag. And we have the Mr. Buddy catalytic heater to knock the chill off in the evenings and those brisk mornings. However, I'd prefer to not run the heater all night.

So do I run the risk of freezing or damaging my pump or tubing at these temps? (We have the outside shower option too.) Thanks in advance.

Steve

PS Any suggestions for South and Southeastern Utah very appreciated.

I just was out on an Elk hunt and had the double trouble happen. Outside temp got down to 6 and during the night ran out of propane and thermostat went out. Inside temp was 16. Everything froze solid by the time I woke up to find what happened. No damage done to anything but the big problem was thawing the inlet to the pump. Hard to see in there so I was able to heat some water I had in my coffee pot put then put it in a sprots bottle and spray it down the side of the tank and onto the pump. I have had things freeze up before and never done any damage

Yep, read those threads and if I may add (again) that's my why I got the arctic blanket so I could enjoy those cold snowy nights. Something else to think about if you have not already, a nice thick throw rug on that cold floor makes allot of difference!

Thanks everyone for the advice. Sounds like we'll be OK.

Steve

PS We may get the artic blanket option- I wanted to try the camper without it. Being in the Four Corners we can easily head south for winter trips even though it is amazing just how far you need to drive to get out of frosty weather in the Winter.

I live in Price, Utah just north of the San Rafael Swell. If you are coming this way for Thanks giving, it won't be below 30. You should be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom