coleman 12v cooler?

jeffyg

Advanced Member
just curious if people are using these... saw a pretty decent one a few weeks back at wallyworld, looked well made, around 80bones..

having any luck with these?

just curious if people are using these... saw a pretty decent one a few weeks back at wallyworld, looked well made, around 80bones..

having any luck with these?

I had one of those units a few years ago. It was pretty lame. If they haven't improved them greatly recently.....I'd steer clear of them. I ended up selling mine in a garage sale cheap.

Hmmmm....I may have to go shopping!!!! Been working like crazy on my old girl and now the fridge won't stay lit!!!! If it ain't one thing it's 10 others!!!! Got big trips planned in Sept for White Rim Trail and the San Juans!!!

that coleman looks sweet.... did a google search but doesnt look like its avaliable in canada... ill keep looking

thinking i am going to grab one of those yeti coolers too!

Sounds like air in the propane lines.

I had that happen for a while and ended up pulling the shroud that surrounds the flame and cleaning the burner slots that the gas comes out of. used some pipe cleaners and compressed air. started it up after that and it ran like a champ and has been for the past 8 months. its quick and easy, may be worth a try. good luck.

Those coleman coolers run on a peltier cooler which isn't a very efficient use of energy and they can only achieve a certain delta temperature from the ambient. If you are driving a bunch on a road trip and just want to keep a few thinks cooled in the air conditioned vehicle they work okay, but I wouldn't want them for camping/boondocking. (I have one collecting dust in the attic from some years back).

If you want a 12V fridge you'd be better off looking at the compressor fridges like the engel.

Back
Top Bottom