Colorado - 2017

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!
We spent two weeks camping throughout Colorado. The trip reports have been completed. Please enjoy. Click on the photo to make it larger.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

We had the opportunity to meet up with Doug Stewart in Mesa Verde and sat around our campsite grilling and by the warm fire.

When we left the temperatures in the midwest were in the mid 90's. When we arrived in Rocky Mountain National Park it was 47 degrees, a drop of fifty degrees. We had several nights in the high 20's and the days were in the 50-60's. We had rain during about 60 percent of our trip, but as we all know, you learn to adapt very quickly.

Susan and I agreed that it would be very easy to live in Colorado. Thanks for taking time to read our reports. jd

Ahh, Colorado in late September. My bride (literally) and I honeymooned in RMNP in late September 1978, backpacking among the bugling elk.

Mighty nice trip y'all had there! Thanks for sharing. It brings back great memories.

Foy

How did I miss this? It was great fun seeing you guys again, this time in my home state. Yes, our camp in Mesa Verde had some good food.

Outnabout, it is a homemade fly rod vault. I used angle and flat stock aluminum to fasten to the jack brackets. A $6 tool box . There is more of a description in the hiking, biking, floating, & fishing post in WTW. jd

I enjoyed viewing all your photos. It's interesting to see someone else's photos of some of my favorite areas and not recognizing them at first :) Different perspectives, points of view.

Yes, you don't want to drive the Last Dollar Road unless the weather has been dry for quite some time - there're some super slippery muddy sections otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom