Columbia Gorge Wildflower Daytrip

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
The Bride and I took a short daytrip out to the gorge to see the bloom. As the fur babies were with us, we couldn’t hike Rowena Crest, but it was nice to get away from the house. Lots of lupine, balsam root and camas(and wind). It should go another couple of weeks, so get out if you have a chance.

med_gallery_4841_711_858103.jpeg

Still a ways from those blooms here in the high cold vastness of east Idaho. Thanks for the reminder that spring will eventually get here.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Nice Steve how about more pictures.
You must have taken more than one.
Frank
Frank, I really didn’t take many. All are similar to the one in the thread. I only took my iPhone with me.

Nice to see some flowers and green grass. We have melted most of the snow around here, except on the north side of things. Green-up is underway but flowers are a ways out yet. Monday is supposed to hit 80°F. Crazy that 2 weeks ago we had 16 inches of snow. Thanks for the photo- it's a beautiful area.

Hi Hoopy,

My wife and her sisters were just out rafting on the White Salmon....pretty river.

Are you new to the area?

Will this be a first trip to the Olympics ?

Welcome to WTW.

David Graves

north ORegon coast

Search for “Bird Creek Meadows Mt Adams”

It may still be closed due to fire a few years ago, but is spectacular when in bloom. There was a small fee to help the reservation defer their costs but worth it.

Paul

DavidGraves said:
Hi Hoopy,

My wife and her sisters were just out rafting on the White Salmon....pretty river.

Are you new to the area?

Will this be a first trip to the Olympics ?

Welcome to WTW.

David Graves

north ORegon coast

Hi David,
Slow to respond sorry ! The white salmon river is great to have in your back yard I must say with appreciation of it we have fond memories on hot days. I have lived here in the area since the late seventies. Thanks for the welcome .
It will be my first trip with my wife to the Olympics. I used to spend a lot of weekends in neah Bay Area diving many fond memories of that and a little on the oregon coastal well. Neah bay was pretty sweet. So I have flashed down the coast to Home here, but not just taken a bit of time with my wife and enjoyed it. What part of the Ore. coast ?

Advmoto,
Hey think I talked to you one day up near the laundromat.White truck ...lab cozied in the back seat of a four for PU. You were on your own just got your wife off to go home via plane sound like the right perso?!
You gave me a tour of your set up. What a great set up thx you!! We were then in the market for a FWC then. now we’re customizing our own to meet our needs. Yes I feel lucky to have been in the white salmon valley for the past 40 years. I just got back from the store ran into someone who has lived in his fleet for a a year!!..always interesting to talk FWC people

Hi Hoopy.

That was me...and Sage.

At the time we met you, Sage and I had been living in the camper nearly 3 months. It's a very comfortable life style when you get the technique down to the basics.

If I had it to do again, I would build-out a shell to my specs and needs.

We lost Sage to brain cancer in October; very quickly. I now have her sister Soli; in my profile pic to the left. Soli is a great girl just like Sage. Their breeder gifted her to me after Sage died.

We love WS and that area of the Gorge. Hope to visit next spring/summer making our way through northern MT and ID down to WS.

Bill

Advmoto,
I’m sorry for your loss, we went thru with one of our dogs about a year ago they are great family members Hope to meet up if we’re in town when you come thru. Cheers Hoopy

Back
Top Bottom