Compressor Fridge Recommendation

One advantage to the Engle is it uses a Sawafuji Swing Compressor that draws ( 2.5-2.8 amps) as compaired to every one else that uses a Danfoss compressor at (5 amps).Google -- Sawafuji vs Danfoss compressors and you will get an earfull or eyefull.Lots of debate ,especially from those Aussies.Just for background-I have an older Norcold Fridge with a Sawafuji and a newer ARB with a Danfoss.Both compressors are extremely reliable although the Sawafuji is louder than the Danfoss so if that is important to you go with the Danfoss.

Well, I spent some time reading some comparison threads like what was suggested above and went ahead and made a purchase. I went with the Dometic CR-1065. My main concern was the noise factor of the different types of compressors, the design on the Cr-1065, and the fact that FWC uses these models for their campers. I was able to pick it up off Amazon (last one it says) for not a bad deal. I also got a new Atwood stove to replace my broken one and a Fantastic Fan, but Ill leave that all my my build thread once I start putting it all in :)

Back
Top Bottom