Condensation - Roof Vents - windows

Has anyone tried reflectix between the wall and paneling? I have seen where one gentleman, whose name I do not recall, did a nice job of adding a sheet of hard foam insulation under the cabover, which helped with condensation under the bed. I think reflectix on the roof might help also. Don't have a camper to try it on yet but is in my gameplan :)

Some condensation is inevitable, we made a reflectix artic pack which helps a lot but adequate ventilation is critical. Except in the coldest weather (20's and below) we almost never close the window at the very front of the camper with the two of us and a large dog on board. We heat with a Wave 3 and leave it on low at night, sometimes have to turn it off because it gets too warm. In the morning we flip up the mattress (we don't use the stock cushions) and open all the windows. If it's sunny and or there's a light breeze, any condensation is gone pretty quickly. The other thing we do is leave the front window open and crack open one or two of the tiedown access doors while driving. This is mostly to provide ventilation for the dog but it also aids in removing any built up moisture.

BillM said:
Some condensation is inevitable,.................................................
Excellent post Bill. With this of type camper you are going to get condensation. As you use the camper, you will develop ways to deal with it. Most important is not to forget about it, open the camper up when you can, and get under the mattress and other areas to dry out. We open all the windows and door and remember to pull the ends of the arctic pack out from behind the lift panels to air everything out as best we can. Even with the various minor issues we have to deal with, it sure beats staying home.

SKI

We totally agree, for getting to the places we want to go and being way more comfortable than tent camping we don't even consider the condensation we get to be an issue at all.

Back
Top Bottom