Congratulations Deltarat

Ted

Magellan
Site Team
From Deltarat on another thread but I didn't want to hijack that thread:
Well, since last Friday was my last day of work and I'm now officially retired.
I don't see any reason I couldn't make the Death Valley trip

Congratulations, Bob. :D What a wonderful feeling that must be. We'll be expecting lots of trip reports with the camper and the bike and to see you at all future rallies. Enjoy!

Good on ya Bob, well deserved. It must be an incredible feeling not to have to go to work anymore. Enjoy your time doing whatever the hell you want to do!

Day after I retired nearly two years ago I took the FWC and headed to Death Valley. Leave work - Go to Death Valley, worked for me (-: A bad day at Death Valley is better than a good day at work???

Congrats to you, Deltarat.

Barko, it's a good thing you were eligible to retire from NMSU before now. Have you been following the NMERB retirement plan changes? Under their proposed Draconian plan, I couldn't get a pension unless I work until I'm 79 (!!!). Given my age and years of service, I'm hoping I fall into their so-callled "safe harbor", but I'll believe it when I see it.

Thanks everyone. This was my second and final career. I'm really looking forward to sleeping in once in a while.
Leaving mid May for Canada/Alaska for the entire summer with a few short trips before then..Can't wait.

Thanks again everyone.

Great... now what am I supposed to with all of these doughnuts??

Congrats Bob. Enjoy the peace & quiet and good life -

Great... now what am I supposed to with all of these doughnuts??

Congrats Bob. Enjoy the peace & quiet and good life -

Save em' or send them to Marty & Jeff & Don. I'll see you in Late August/Early Sept as I roll through your neighborhood.

This was my second and final career.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but career number 3 is full time bacon chef :LOL:

Aaron, I gave up cooking bacon after last rally because you slept through it both days. Why bother :oops:

Thanks Craig...one of these days you too can retire.

I'll see you in Late August/Early Sept as I roll through your neighborhood.

Really? I sure hope so!

The award winning Snake River Brewing Co. serves a tremendous Hefeweizen, just down the street. It would be a real treat to see you and the Mrs. again. Let me know if you need any local intel -

Aaron, I gave up cooking bacon after last rally because you slept through it both days. Why bother :oops:

It was Corts fault.

Congratulations Bob. If you enjoy retirement halve as much as I do you are in for some good times. Be careful though, I've been working on the house since I retired. And Jay ended up starting a business. Being retired gives one to much time to think. :rolleyes:

mike

Working is overrated anyway, right? I gave it up years ago.

Have fun out there, Bob.

mtn

Back
Top Bottom