Contemplating Removing Old Awning Mount

Fielding.dots

I'm finally getting around to installing my old Arb awning on the passenger side of my 2006 Kestrel. I'm debating installing it directly below the original awning mount (see photo), or removing the original awning mount and installing in its place.

Looking at the original mount it has 25+ screws. If I removed it, thats a lot of holes to patch. Has anyone successfully removed and patched this? I feel like this may be an excessive amount of patching plus the new holes and hardware in similar locations.

I plan to use 3-4 bolts through the aluminum arb channel and directly mount it to the aluminum panel with large washers on the inside and neoprene washers + silaprene on the outside. Alternatively I guess I could install a series of screws similar to the original and just reseal, but I assume screws would not be strong enough to hold it in place over time.

Thanks

Attachments

• RAIL.JPG
    RAIL.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 72
I removed the one on my Grandby. 15 screws. I just squirted some silicone in each hole and replaced the screws. 5 or 6 years ago, no leaks.

Back
Top Bottom