Controller on the Blink

Desert Scruff

Advanced Member
I replaced my Zamp controller with the Victron 100/30 solar controller. Everything was fine.

Since a number of people here have this controller I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this, which now doesn't seem so fine:

When the controller in is Bulk, its light blinks. This is normal when it has not yet entered charging stage. But when it does begin charging it continues to blink. According to the manual this means charger is over-current or there is an internal error. No error shows on my Victron phone app.

When the controller enters Absorption, its light blinks. The manual says that means charger or PV over-voltage, or an internal error. Again, no error shows on app.

When the controller enters Float, its light blinks. That means charger temperature too high, charger over-currentor charger or PV over voltage.

All currents and voltages look normal for the stage the controller is in. It is in the 90s in the camper but the Float stage shows it is working and not shut down as it would if it was too hot. The controller is not confined and has plenty of air around it.

Any ideas what's going on?

John

Which lights are blinking in which combination? Some blink combinations just indicate what the stage of charging it is in, and some combinations indicate a fault. If there is a fault is also reported to the app (see the history tab), so if you are not seeing any faults in the app it maybe an issue in interpreting the blinks, particularly if everything else is working normally.

I've got the dealer contacting Victron and hopefully I will have an answer in a day or so.

There are no faults. It's one blinking light at a time, the entire time the controller is in each of the three stages. The light should be solid and not blinking.

I feel like my 100/20 blinks during normal operation as well - but no errors and it is working as it should so I never paid any attentions to the LEDs. Maybe there is a discrepancy between the firmware and manual.

Back
Top Bottom