Cooking Inside

Quint

Advanced Member
I don't have the propane stove because I have a shell model. However, I own a butane stove that uses butane cartridges. These are the ones that you see in Korean restaurants and catering services use to cook onsite. Apparently they are designed for indoor usage albeit in rooms that are larger than our campers. If I ventilate the camper opening windows I've used it in the camper but it does consume oxygen and creates carbon monoxide. My question what is the deal with the FWC and ATC stoves? How do you avoid carbon monoxide problems? Do these stove create less carbon monoxide than my butane stove? Finally, I have the CO detector. Will using this prevent CO poisoning (by alerting me) if I choose to cook inside? Thanks.

Not even going to touch on what you are doing. To high a liability issue.

As to the stoves in the campers, the propane is regulated down through a two stage regulator before it comes into the camper. The stove also has a regulator built into it to further regulate the propane into the burners. This creates very little CO2 while being used.

We still recommend venting the camper when you use the stove in the camper. If you close up a camper completely and start using the stove you can use up all the oxygen in a camper rather fast. This is where the CO sensor would come into play.

Ok, then is it possible to add the factory stove retroactively to mount on top of the furnace "table" with a split from the propane tank? If yes, what is required and how do I go about it?

add stove

The first question is what type of camper do you have? I assume it is a shell with a furnace.

When you ask about mounting it on top of the furnace table, do you mean into the counter top above the furnace?

If you have the furnace in the back corner with the propane tank mounted above it, I am not sure if you have enough room to drop the stop into that top. Would have to pull the front of the cabinet to see if there is enough clearance to put the stove in.

Then the next question would be if you have copper propane lines or flexible lines as to the hardware needed to connect the stove?

Some pictures would be helpful.

I'll just keep the butane stove and open all the windows and door, and turn on a fan for now. Mostly cook outside anyway.

Quint,

that is what i do, get the fan going on low, open a window or something. I would be smart about it and have at least a fire alarm and nice sized extinguisher just in case. I never use it with kids around as they could bump it or throw something on it. If you are smart you will have no problems.

Good luck.

dave

Quint,

that is what i do, get the fan going on low, open a window or something. I would be smart about it and have at least a fire alarm and nice sized extinguisher just in case. I never use it with kids around as they could bump it or throw something on it. If you are smart you will have no problems.

Good luck.

dave
i agree with dave, keep the area well ventilated and i don't think you'll have an issue...don't quote me on that though...:D . let us know what you decide...

Quint,

I never use it with kids around as they could bump it or throw something on it. If you are smart you will have no problems.

Good luck.

dave

Good point. If a running stove fell over or lit the popup material you could be looking for a new camper and truck.

I only cook inside when it's cold (45 F :D ) or when it's too rainy or windy outside. I put the fantastic roof fan on low and draw air in through one of the turnbuckle ports. Keeps the cooking smell out of the camper too.

Back
Top Bottom