Covid19 Testing

Pretty much confirms what I already knew. I sure wish the antibody testing was widespread. I'd love to know if I'm immune. I could visit my parents without worry. Still at risk? I'd double down on my avoidance strategies.

Thanks. Very concise and well said. Hence “stay home”. I have a medical friend who said we are all going to dance with this at some point. I think he might be right. :/

JWL said:
Thanks. Very concise and well said. Hence “stay home”. I have a medical friend who said we are all going to dance with this at some point. I think he might be right. :/
Yes, thanks for posting the video. Flattening the curve is primarily for lessening the instantaneous load on the health care system so that it isn't overwhelmed.

The area under the curve represents the total number of those afflicted with the virus and probably will not be significantly different with the flattened curve but will occur over an longer time as compared with the taller curve. That would imply that most of us must fight it individually.

Getting it later will likely mean that fewer die as those getting it later will have the advantage of the knowledge gained by medical professionals learning how to more quickly diagnose and combat the effects.

Stay safe.
Paul

PaulT said:
Yes, thanks for posting the video. Flattening the curve is primarily for lessening the instantaneous load on the health care system so that it isn't overwhelmed.

The area under the curve represents the total number of those afflicted with the virus and probably will not be significantly different with the flattened curve but will occur over an longer time as compared with the taller curve. That would imply that most of us must fight it individually.

Getting it later will likely mean that fewer die as those getting it later will have the advantage of the knowledge gained by medical professionals learning how to more quickly diagnose and combat the effects.

Stay safe.
Paul
Well said Paul!

Thanks! I live in Idaho and had not seen this. Did answer some of my questions about timing.

Back
Top Bottom