Craftsman inflator

telebrewer

Advanced Member
My wife bought me a Craftsman inflator model 75120. It pushes 60 cfm @ 30 psi.

Does anyone have experience with this brand? It will be used to re-fill all four tires when I lower the pres. in Baja. It was about $50.00. Just wondering if I should keep it or return it for something that may be better. I'm not talking about the $250.00 Viair. Just something in the same price range.

Thanks.

Craftsman, means they're probably warrantee it. It'll be slow but do the job. I'd be inclined to keep it if you dont' want to shell out for a better unit.

Hi Craig,
Baja is a long way from home, a warranty means nothing when what you really need is a working, capable compressor 500 south of the border. When I am in Baja, I use my compressor often as the dirt roads are terribly washboarded, yet the getting on and off of the pavement is every day or so. On your Dodge, a $50 compressor is likely to take a very long time if it even lasts more than a handful of hours on the job. I bought a ViAir 400 about 6 years ago and it has held up beautifully (it is imported, maybe you can find a USA made brand). It costs me what would now be about three tanks of diesel for my CTD. I don't know who makes the best compressors nor how much you have to spend. But I do know that Baja will test you and your gear. Get something that is good, damn good, you'll not be sorry.
Gene

The viair are very nice units. Much nicer than the quickairII I have in the Jeep. All depends on what you can afford. And yes, if you need it and don't have it you'll wish you'd spent the money :)

Back
Top Bottom