Data breaches galore

Kolockum

Still Wandering
I recently filed a claim for the Equifax data breach. This is the 3rd time in the last 5 years I have been a victim of one of these data breaches. What is really aggravating is I have never used Equifax and never attended or applied for the university that lost a hard drive with thousands of people’s SSN, addresses, names, etc.

Anyways rant over

Anybody else getting impacted by these? If so are you taking precautions?

I froze my credit after the last data breach. Good luck getting anything in my name. Had to go through hoops myself when I applied for a new card. Just the way I want it!

Happyjax said:
I froze my credit after the last data breach. Good luck getting anything in my name. Had to go through hoops myself when I applied for a new card. Just the way I want it!
Same here on the freeze. It’s no fun to jump through the hoops, but it’s better than the exposure.

No data breaches but our neighbors had their locked mailboxes broken into for their W-2s and other tax info. They didn’t get any of our important info and our box doesn’t have a lock. One of neighbors had someone try to open a bank account with the info. Sorry that you had to have all that hassle but at least the next person that tries won’t get too far.

clikrf8 said:
No data breaches but our neighbors had their locked mailboxes broken into for their W-2s and other tax info. They didn’t get any of our important info and our box doesn’t have a lock. One of neighbors had someone try to open a bank account with the info. Sorry that you had to have all that hassle but at least the next person that tries won’t get too far.
Yikes, sounds like you dodged a bullet. We recently went to a PO box for that very reason. Although deputies just busted a local drug ring and mail thefts along with other petty crimes have really slowed down (for now).

I’m thinking a crack seal team on this national security threat would be a viable deterrent. Make no mistake that’s what it is.

Back
Top Bottom