Day Trip

chnlisle

Post Master
It was our 25th Wedding Anniversary and Passover and we just felt we needed to be in a Energy Vortex. So we headed to Sedona for the day. We have never been there and as most of you know I love things that are "way cosmic." We all put on our crystals and off we went.

We have never been to Jerome either so as long as we were in the area what the hell. We rented a car and made a day of it.

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/gallery/album/11/215-sedonajerome-az-3-30-10/

Great pictures Jay. Congrats on the anniversary. Didn't know you were a pilot. Sedona airport up on that ridge is one of my favorites. Great views just standing on the ground from up there. I've flown in and out of KSEZ several times and look forward to that trip each time. Must have been an outstanding day. Thanks for sharing.

It was our 25th Wedding Anniversary and Passover and we just felt we needed to be in a Energy Vortex. So we headed to Sedona for the day. We have never been there and as most of you know I love things that are "way cosmic." We all put on our crystals and off we went.

We have never been to Jerome either so as long as we were in the area what the hell. We rented a car and made a day of it.

http://www.wanderthe...ome-az-3-30-10/

Looks like it was a good time...congrats on your 1/4 century of togetherness!

What did you fly up to the vortex in?

Thanks guys,

I'm actually not a pilot. My buddy Jim is a retired American Airlines Cpt. He and his wife flew over from Yucca Valley and we went up in his plane. I soloed some 41 years ago in a 152. Did my cross country and night flight & landings but never finished getting my license. This may have renewed my interest though. Flying into KSEZ reminded me a lot of flying into KAVX without the slope.

Sunny,
That little hot rod we took was an '08 Mooney Ovation 3. Wow what a sweet ride! Cruising at 185 kts at 9500 was just as smooth as can be. We were 55 mins gate to gate from Marana to Sedona. We had a 22 + - cross wind both ways but just a great flight.

I've gotten to where I really hate flying commercial. I used to love it and have loved planes and flying since I was little. Now if we could just put a 4WC and this baby.

Thanks guys,

I'm actually not a pilot. My buddy Jim is a retired American Airlines Cpt. He and his wife flew over from Yucca Valley and we went up in his plane. I soloed some 41 years ago in a 152. Did my cross country and night flight & landings but never finished getting my license. This may have renewed my interest though. Flying into KSEZ reminded me a lot of flying into KAVX without the slope.

Sunny,
That little hot rod we took was an '08 Mooney Ovation 3. Wow what a sweet ride! Cruising at 185 kts at 9500 was just as smooth as can be. We were 55 mins gate to gate from Marana to Sedona. We had a 22 + - cross wind both ways but just a great flight.

I've gotten to where I really hate flying commercial. I used to love it and have loved planes and flying since I was little. Now if we could just put a 4WC and this baby.

Ah..Catalina, scared the crap out of me first time in, big joke, nobody warned me of the "hump"....thought I was heading off the end.. :oops:
Now would be a great time to get back in the air and get your ticket..lots of hungry CFI's out there and rental rates have gone way
down here in CA. I'm renting a very nice 172 S for $79.00 wet. Two years ago it was over $100.00. Do it now before prices start climbing again..

Back
Top Bottom