Death Valley, Dec 2016

A very good tale Lighthawk. Had me on the edge of my seat during some of the driving stories :) That's a big empty magnificent desert you visit and I wonder if you ever get scared out there alone.......

Headed out there in March... was worried about taking my truck and FWC and not my Jeep. Looks like truck will be fine? Waiting on part 2 :)

Sounds like it took some creative path finding to just get away from home. Nice report! Great photos! My favorite is the monochrome!

Which trail is photographed? That looks like it gets/got some serious use.

Thanks for sharing!

Happyjax said:
A very good tale Lighthawk. Had me on the edge of my seat during some of the driving stories :) That's a big empty magnificent desert you visit and I wonder if you ever get scared out there alone.......
I hope I didn't exaggerate the driving conditions! But not to worry, my fine and reliable traveling companions, Susan and our dog Callie kept me in check! We are familiar with the route, and up until now have never thought to drive in at night. This time I allowed that we could do the night drive after clearing North Pass at dusk.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Sounds like it took some creative path finding to just get away from home. Nice report! Great photos! My favorite is the monochrome!

Which trail is photographed? That looks like it gets/got some serious use.

Thanks for sharing!
Those are burro trails, WS. Those little hooves can make a groove in the desert rocks until the bajada gets rearranged by a major flood.
Thanks for admiring the B&W. In truth the extreme contrast fried the colors, adding a weird bluish cast to the mountains, so I punted and went for the monochrome.

LightHawk, I have to ask... what is the red looking handle hanging on the back of your FWC? I could not find a picture on your blog with the detail :(

XJINTX said:
LightHawk, I have to ask... what is the red looking handle hanging on the back of your FWC? I could not find a picture on your blog with the detail :(
I think you are seeing my high lift jack, which sits next to the gas can aluminum box.

full

LightHawk, I figured that was a highlift but in this picture there is something on the propane box side. Thought it was some sort of handle????

That's my step ladder. Check out my gallery, I think there's a good photo of it there.

Or, you could be looking at the rear steps, which are a factory option. There's one on each side of the door.

=========

Edit - I looked at the Geologist Cabin photo you selected and I see my red strap is hanging down!
That looks like a red handle, but is a fixed strap that secures our step ladder.

Great running into you both, it had been too long. Look forward to seeing what you got into after you left!

Back
Top Bottom