Death valley information

Newbie DV question:

We were planning to head to DV this weekend, but it looks like there is rain in the forecast. How it can rain in the driest place in North America is just my luck, but anyway. Is DV even see-able if it rains? Are the roads passable? Any thoughts on this? Thx.

It rains often in DV. But usually in only specific areas. Best time to go to DV is when it is stormy weather. You get the most amazing skies. Even if a few roads are closed or washed out, DV is 4 million acres. You'll find something to do.

Me, when I see rain in DV, I pack up and get there asap. Better yet, snow!

It rains often in DV. But usually in only specific areas. Best time to go to DV is when it is stormy weather. You get the most amazing skies. Even if a few roads are closed or washed out, DV is 4 million acres. You'll find something to do.

Me, when I see rain in DV, I pack up and get there asap. Better yet, snow!

Early February 2009 had enough rain that all the backroads were closed :( We got through Titus and up to the Kilns but after that the only thing available was pavement. I enjoyed the rain but options were limited.

Well, I should be in DV on Monday sometime. If anyone else is headed that way, let me know or be sure to say hi if we pass each other.

Back
Top Bottom