Death Valley N.P. Morning Report

MarkBC

The Weatherman
Site Team
Seems like this link must have been posted already, but I'll take a chance of being redundant since it's such an exciting summer read:

...exciting for us weather nerds, anyway.
wink.gif
Like this excerpt from this morning's report:

>>
Death Valley National Park
Morning Report –Sunday, July 22, 2012
Temperatures & Precipitation (last 24 Hours)
Furnace Creek .............. High: 121°F (50°C)....................... Low: 97°F (36°C) ......................... Precip: 0
Scotty’s Castle .............. High: 110°F (44°C) ...................... Low: 80°F (27°C) ......................... Precip: 0

Year to Date (Furnace Creek)
Temperatures ................ High: 128°F (54°C) on 7/11/12 ........ Low: 33°F (1°C) on 1/13/12
Precipitation .................. Year 2012: 0.27 inches .............. 07/1/11 through today: 1.16 inches
<<

But it's a dry heat....
tongue.gif

Aside from the amazing temperatures highlighted in this excerpt, the full report includes current road conditions and weather forecast.

Seems like this link must have been posted already, but I'll take a chance of being redundant since it's such an exciting summer read:

...exciting for us weather nerds, anyway.
wink.gif
Like this excerpt from this morning's report:

>>
Death Valley National Park
Morning Report –Sunday, July 22, 2012
Temperatures & Precipitation (last 24 Hours)
Furnace Creek .............. High: 121°F (50°C)....................... Low: 97°F (36°C) ......................... Precip: 0
Scotty’s Castle .............. High: 110°F (44°C) ...................... Low: 80°F (27°C) ......................... Precip: 0

Year to Date (Furnace Creek)
Temperatures ................ High: 128°F (54°C) on 7/11/12 ........ Low: 33°F (1°C) on 1/13/12
Precipitation .................. Year 2012: 0.27 inches .............. 07/1/11 through today: 1.16 inches
<<

But it's a dry heat....
tongue.gif

Aside from the amazing temperatures highlighted in this excerpt, the full report includes current road conditions and weather forecast.

:mad:That's what we used to have here-but it must have all gone to DV! Those 121 degee days still don't look like any fun, but the weather here is no fun either! Guess we have to grin and bear it!:cool:

Smoke

Mr BC,

Those are like the summer temps we had when I was living in Dubai, UAE--but it was NOT dry heat. Can you imagine that?

Mr BC,
Those are like the summer temps we had when I was living in Dubai, UAE--but it was NOT dry heat. Can you imagine that?

No...NO!! I'd rather not.

No...NO!! I'd rather not.

At night the temp would drop to 90F and a thick, hot fog would precipitate out of the supersaturated atmosphere. A weather friend of mine said that Dubai has some of the highest recorded dew points in the world. Not good!

At night the temp would drop to 90F and a thick, hot fog would precipitate out of the supersaturated atmosphere. A weather friend of mine said that Dubai has some of the highest recorded dew points in the world. Not good!

Wow -- that's an amazing fact!
I would have guessed that somewhere in the SE Asian tropics would have set that record, rather than at the edge of a very-dry desert.
I guess the key must that the ocean is very warm in that area -- to supply that much moisture to the air.

I guess that's why they built that ultra-modern city -- to avoid any reason to be outside!

Wow -- that's an amazing fact!
I would have guessed that somewhere in the SE Asian tropics would have set that record, rather than at the edge of a very-dry desert.
I guess the key must that the ocean is very warm in that area -- to supply that much moisture to the air.

I guess that's why they built that ultra-modern city -- to avoid any reason to be outside!

The inland deserts are dry but the coast, where the big towns are is quite humid, to say the least. And, yes, we ran the air conditioners 24/7 just to get the interior humidity down to something bearable.

Back
Top Bottom