Death Valley National Park - February 2018

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
Just started reading the report before I head off to work but these words are so well versed:

"Any place hushed of the sounds of man and civilization is a sacred place, a cathedral of the finest sort, and a joy to experience."

Thank you for another great report. As is usually the case, you have inspired me to follow your tire tracks for future adventures. Looking forward to part two. Thanks again!

Ron

Hi there you two. We were going to DV that weekend but ended up in Mojave we had a little wind not real bad. Glad you had a good time, thanks for the trip report. ;)
Russ

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Ski that night sky shot very beautiful.
Thanks for taking the time to give us all another look at your favorite place.
Frank
Frank, thanks much! The clear night sky always delights on there.

ETAV8R said:
Just started reading the report before I head off to work but these words are so well versed:

"Any place hushed of the sounds of man and civilization is a sacred place, a cathedral of the finest sort, and a joy to experience."
Quiet! I suspect many of us have no idea how much noise man and civilization make until we experience a soundscape away from it all. Quiet is priceless.

RONR said:
Thank you for another great report. As is usually the case, you have inspired me to follow your tire tracks for future adventures. Looking forward to part two. Thanks again!

Ron
Thanks Ron for your nice comment. Our tracks are out there.

CougarCouple said:
Hi there you two. We were going to DV that weekend but ended up in Mojave we had a little wind not real bad. Glad you had a good time, thanks for the trip report. ;)
Russ
Russ, you're welcome and hope your Mojave trip was good!

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Thanks Ski.beautiful photos.
That video was sure a nice view of the park.
Thanks for including that.
Frank
Death Valley and the desert environment are so special. We all are so lucky it is now included in the National Park system.

Sure wish we lived close by Death Valley- such an interesting place. But your reports are a great subsitute! Thanks! :)

Quiet is priceless and as much as I enjoy music I find myself keeping it off when camping lately. Just finished part two and once again I have new places on my ever growing list of future travel destinations. Thank you for all the effort you put into sharing your adventures.

I've been gone for a few weeks and without internet so naturally my first visit back to WTW I read your TR right off. Another great report with inspirational photo's. The part about Death Valley being shaped by water brings to mind Craig Childs' "The Secret Knowledge Of Water". A great book for anyone who hasn't read it yet!

Thanks for the report!!

The next best thing to going to DV yourself, is reading your trip reports.

In your report, you said:

[SIZE=small]Death Valley - one of the driest places on the planet - is shaped by water. Almost everything you see in this National Park has been molded and shaped and transformed by water.[/SIZE]

I never really thought about the irony of it. Thanks for posting that because I will definitely see the park through another lens. In some ways, it will be like going to the park for the first time again.

I hope you both are well and thanks for the TR!

Ronin said:
I've been gone for a few weeks and without internet so naturally my first visit back to WTW I read your TR right off. Another great report with inspirational photo's. The part about Death Valley being shaped by water brings to mind Craig Childs' "The Secret Knowledge Of Water". A great book for anyone who hasn't read it yet!

Thanks for the report!!
Ronin, thanks for the kind comment. Yes, Childs' book is one of our desert classics. Perhaps this is a good time to remind us all of this topic - Favorite Books

GroovyDad said:
The next best thing to going to DV yourself, is reading your trip reports.

In your report, you said:

[SIZE=small]Death Valley - one of the driest places on the planet - is shaped by water. Almost everything you see in this National Park has been molded and shaped and transformed by water.[/SIZE]

I never really thought about the irony of it. Thanks for posting that because I will definitely see the park through another lens. In some ways, it will be like going to the park for the first time again.

I hope you both are well and thanks for the TR!
Thank you GroovyDad!

Not only the current landscape is evidence of water's power but also some of the rocks tell stories of glacial deposits. Death Valley is such an amazing story! :)

Back
Top Bottom