Death Valley National Park - February 2020

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
It still amazes us that in Death Valley - one of the most arid places on earth - most everything has been shaped by water. The evidence surrounds us as we move through the landscape. We have the story and photos from our most recent trip posted to our blog. You can find it here -

Death Valley National Park - February 2020

We hope you enjoy this trip in one of our neatest National Parks. :)

Great pics, great blog! thanks for sharing. :)

i will be there for one night, passing thru, in early april

if you could pick just one campsite to overnight at (then move on) what would it be?

4x4 truck camper similar to yours

thx

What a great trip, capped off by a night at Benton Hot Springs! Phenomenal rock art and geology!

Thanks so much for letting us tag along. A vicarious trip is better than no trip.

LosAngeles said:
Great pics, great blog! thanks for sharing. :)

i will be there for one night, passing thru, in early april

if you could pick just one campsite to overnight at (then move on) what would it be?

4x4 truck camper similar to yours

thx
Thanks for the nice comment!

If you are only passing through Death Valley and spending one night, here's our go to spot. I assume you are going 190 and stopping at the Visitor's Center? Concentrate on the opportunities near there - Salt creek, Harmony Borax, Golden Canyon, Artist's Drive, Zabrizkies, 20 Mule Team Road. The easiest and most convenient dispersed sites are up Hole in the Wall Road. Regulations require a mile off the pavement. The best sites are above two miles in. We like to camp and walk in the evening up through Hole in the Wall. April, it starts to get warm. There is one site site just past driving through Hole in the Wall (4 miles in). Look for tire tracks leading to it.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
What a great trip, capped off by a night at Benton Hot Springs! Phenomenal rock art and geology!

Thanks so much for letting us tag along. A vicarious trip is better than no trip.
Thanks Mr. Sage! :)

Vic Harder said:
another amazing trip report. Thanks Ski!

How are the eyes coming along?
Thanks for the nice comment, Vic! The eyes are improving. I'm sporting a new pair of glasses to correct where my eyes are now. This is a big improvement. My optometrist is one of our best friends, so independent of the surgeons and such, every couple of months we've been doing vision tests to see where my acuity is and to track changes. The last test showed a marked improvement in the eye with the detached retina repair. It surprised us both. 8 months out and the eye continues to heal. :)

Another interesting trip report with more good pictures,rocks, fossils and rock art. Thanks again!.

Patience is definitely a virtue with respect to the eyes after surgeries. My right eye cataract surgery occurred almost a year ago. Finally, this past December after getting the membrane behind the lens laser zapped, my ophthalmologist told me that my right eye had returned to factory spec. Corrected to 20-20 with glasses.

That was after waiting several years for eyes to stabilize after detached retinas before the cataract surgery last winter, healing and then waiting for things to stabilize before getting the membrane zapped plus several weeks for that to settle, I can see pretty good. Frustrating waits, but worth it, at last.

Hang in there. It’s good to see your photographic production ramping up.

Paul

Thanks for the well wishes! Here's to 20/20 in 2020! :)

Vic Harder said:
good to hear!

PaulT said:
Patience is definitely a virtue with respect to the eyes after surgeries. My right eye cataract surgery occurred almost a year ago. Finally, this past December after getting the membrane behind the lens laser zapped, my ophthalmologist told me that my right eye had returned to factory spec. Corrected to 20-20 with glasses.
That was after waiting several years for eyes to stabilize after detached retinas before the cataract surgery last winter, healing and then waiting for things to stabilize before getting the membrane zapped plus several weeks for that to settle, I can see pretty good. Frustrating waits, but worth it, at last.

Hang in there. It’s good to see your photographic production ramping up.

Paul

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Nice to hear your eyes are improving.
Frank

Yes, glad to hear good news on the vision front! I've enjoyed all your recent trip reports- fun to see you guys enjoying your free time.

Back
Top Bottom