Death Valley, Nevada Maps+Desert Magazine

F Ben Ross

I am selling DVD’s of the following items I have copies for everyone - 1st Death Valley: all the 1:24000 topo maps of the park 148 maps and all 42 1:62500 maps for $25.00 Comes on one computer DVD these files are large and suitable for printing full size, which I can do for you too.

2nd item is all Desert Magazines on 2 computer DVD’s 1937-1985 for $50.00 Thats approx 600 magazines 8.3 cents each...a must have for research and enjoyment. I have been to many interesting places that I discovered in Desert Magazine. Also there is a hard back book “Desert Magazine Subject Index” for sale on eBay which makes this collection a great source of info on the desert south west.

3rd item is all 1:24000 topo maps of Nevada a total of 1985 maps, plus all the 1:62500 available. On 5 Computer DVD’s for $75.00

You can download the free “Terrago Tool Bar” from Terragotech.com it’s a good interface to use with these topo maps. And if you have a USB GPS receiver hooked to a lap top you can navigate on these maps using this tool bar. I use Delorme topo software to get to places on my laptop and switch to 1:24000 when I want greater detail.
Delormes TOPO software has a layer/option that shows the name of all 1:24000 / 7.5 min. maps. So if you looking at an area you know which topo map to go to.

I have a wide format printer that can print any of these maps in full size/color if you prefer a hard copy. I can ship them rolled up in a tube. $15 for the 1st map and $7 for each additional map-up to 5 maps per shipment. IE $43 for 5 maps.

Note on map files: When I had a choice of new maps or old maps I chose old. Because in my research they show more of the old trails you encounter when out exploring the boonies. The maps and Magazines are available for free online-I’ve just done the work for you.

PayPal to: fbenross@pacbell.net

Thanks and happy expeditions, Frank

I want to thank Dave he ordered the hole ball of wax..8 DVD's for $150 he knows a good deal when he see's it...and thanks Jim for getting the DV maps for $25.It wasn't easy down loading all those files...I am surprised that more of you desert rats aren't ordering the 2 Desert Magazine DVD's were talking approx 600 magazines from 1937 - 1985 for $50 Thats 8.3 CENTS/Magazine..They are packed with great info/articles. Like the Crystal Cave in Titus Canyon. That article blew my mind...Or the guys in the 1930's who explored DV in a Model A...or the Hard Rock Drilling contest in Tonopah...One guy held the drill-one guy hit it with a sledge hammer..and another poured beer in the hole...wow. The DV maps...I've found 3 places marked Petroglyphs that I didn't know about..next trip I'm there..Later

I want to thank Jim again..a satisfied customer ..he ordered the DV maps and today he ordered the Desert Magazine DVDs..I also want to thank ski3pin for ordering the Desert Magazine DVDs..I did a more through count and I think it is 542 magazines...in the 80s they were having financial troubles and were missing some years...

Wide format printer /drool

If I hadn't just dropped a bundle at the gun show (got a neat new knife sharpener) I'd order.

Wide format printer /drool

If I hadn't just dropped a bundle at the gun show (got a neat new knife sharpener) I'd order.

Got my hp designjet 500 wide format printer on crags list..it prints topo maps perfect....If any one wants to see what I look like when I'm out exploring the desert I'm on the cover of the Nov 1938 Desert Magazine...:)

I want to thank Steve for buying the Death Valley map set...206 + maps for $25

Article on petrified bacon in the November 1940 issue of Desert Magazine that may of interest to some WTW members..

One of my favorite articles so far is "The Story of Hard-Rock Drilling: the Desertland's Forgotten Sport" August 1961

If any one wants to see what I look like when I'm out exploring the desert I'm on the cover of the Nov 1938 Desert Magazine...:)

Are you the one on the left or the right side??

Someone had a listing of all of the articles or an "index". Know anything about that?

Are you the one on the left or the right side??

Someone had a listing of all of the articles or an "index". Know anything about that?

I am the one on the left..not that it matters...I don't know if this is what you speak of..On e-bay there is an index ..hard cover book of the DM's...I bought one..it's a must have if you have all the Magazines...??$90.00 I think..well worth it...Frank

Index

I want to thank Leo in NV for ordering not one, but two copies of the Desert Magazine DVD's....he probubly got an extra for a gift...or else he's going to sue me...good luck..I'm a one percenter..:)

Back
Top Bottom