Death Valley Paleontology Tours

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
Last January the Lady and I were selected in the lottery and saw mastodon, camel, and saber toothed cat tracks in Death Valley National Park.

A Peak into the Past - Death Valley

This coming season's dates are not up on the Park's website yet. But if you are interested (highly recommended by us), this can give you the possible time frame and procedure for entering the lotteries.

Paleontology Tour

Thanks for the reminder, I want to do this again. I was fortunate that while in college I was able to visit this site with a class and a Ranger. It is awe inspiring.

Bill

Licensed Geologist (retired)

Just remember it is a lottery to get one of the spots so pay attention to the instructions and dates when they're posted. Good luck!

DVNP Paleo tour lottery opens tomorrow for last trip in 2016 (Sunday, February 14). I can't go this year... :-(

If you enter and then win and go on the tour please share pictures.

Bill

We threw our name in the hat - thanks again to Ski and Bill for starting this thread. It would make a nice 3 day weekend and a chance to check out the wildflowers this year, which promise to be spectacular.

Fingers crossed.

We applied too but as of today we haven't heard anything.
Due to the distance to get there from VA we went ahead and made reservations to fly out there about a month ago so we're still planning on going even if we don't get selected..
For those that were selected do you remember how long it took before you were notified?

smlobx said:
We applied too but as of today we haven't heard anything.
Due to the distance to get there from VA we went ahead and made reservations to fly out there about a month ago so we're still planning on going even if we don't get selected..
For those that were selected do you remember how long it took before you were notified?
No word here either, so I'm suspecting it didn't work out this time. But like you already have the time blocked out and its supposed to be a dynamite wildflower year so I'm sure we'll be there anyway.

I understand the lotteries but I have yet to get into the few I really want to do and I've tried numerous times (DV, Grand Canyon, The Wave). Oh well. Good luck to those who enter!

Back
Top Bottom