delete

Previous Orion options were limited to 30 amps per unit. Now they have a 50 amp option, and Vic is experiencing some feelings.

Is 30a really not enough to go from trucks alternator to the the Campers batteries? If 30A isn't enough, is 50A guaranteed to be?

Jon R said:
Previous Orion options were limited to 30 amps per unit. Now they have a 50 amp option, and Vic is experiencing some feelings.
Indeed I am. Like chagrin that mine is now "undersized" and better is available, etc etc.

Jsoboti said:
Is 30a really not enough to go from trucks alternator to the the Campers batteries? If 30A isn't enough, is 50A guaranteed to be?
Every battery has a specified MAX charging current. On my BattleBorn 100A batteries, that's 1C, or 100A. But I have 2 in parallel, so I could feed them up to 200A. Slower charging usually means longer life though. The size you will need will depend on how many AH you need to put back into your batteries and how long you typically drive for. So, sorry, no guarantee. :ninja:

My procrastination on installing a DC-DC charger and all the wiring involved has paid off!

The less you do, the further you go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom