Delivered: My New 2024 Ocelot :-)

h2opup

Advanced Member
Hooray! Just collected my new 2024 Ocelot from Marty last Friday. Spent my first night inside that same night on my way back home and caught some of the Northern Lights show here in Oregon. A great omen for many excellent adventures ahead.

It is a nice fit on my 2024 V-8 RAM 1500 quad cab and seems overall pretty darn nifty.

The only potential issue is a mild intermittent shudder while driving it home (200miles). On the drive down, my truck performed beautifully so I had the perfect before/after camper comparison on the same stretch of road, same weather, etc.

Is this the "cavitation" that some have commented on when carrying a pop-up camper? It wasn't terrible, but it was definitely noticeable (and annoying). The truck is very quiet and smooth riding, and this was more like a mild shimmy or shudder or mild intermittent bucking than a noise. It wasn't constant although it was hard to put my finger on when (at what speed) it was happening, if in fact there was such a pattern.

Or, maybe this symptom has other common causes? Otherwise, I think I love it, but I'd be bummed if this shudder is now a "thing" that one must just put up with.

Thanks in advance:)

IMG_0969.jpg

Marty doing the install in Phoenix, OR.

IMG_0983.jpg

1st Night, Fern Ridge Reservoir, OR

IMG_1042.jpg

Aurora amidst the clouds

IMG_1093.jpg

Nice camper, nice fit.

IMG_1103.jpg

:)

Congrats on the new camper. Did your "shutter" happen on the whole trip home?
Could it be the road surface.
I always notice that the truck rides different between concrete and asphalt
road surfaces.
Have fun with your new rig.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom