Diana's Punchbowl

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
This is a worthwhile spot to visit if you ever find yourself in the center of Nevada. In fact this spot is just miles south of the geographical center. We first stopped by here in November 2004 after we awoke to new snow in Eureka. You can find further info on this hot springs here: http://backyardtraveler.blogspot.com/2006/10/hot-times-at-dianas-punchbowl.html We had spent the morning in Monitor Valley and hadn't seen a soul, what you would expect. We were surprised to see a new crew cab full sized pickup coming out the access road as we neared the punchbowl. The woman driver was anxiously waving at us as our vehicles neared. In the truck were two young women in the front with four young children in the back seat. Obviously young Moms with their kids, all dressed in new outdoor style clothes just out of the mall. A bit out of place but good for them; obviously adventurous and they had taken the kids to see something really special. Our windows down to chat, the driver anxiously warned us that there was a naked man on the opposite side of the punchbowl. Relieved that there was no emergency, I asked if maybe the naked man was worth seeing too. "Oh no!", was their reply and off they went. This is one geological wonder we will return to and visit again. The fellow was a distance away soaking in one of the springs at the mound's base. N 39 degrees 01.837 minutes, W 116 degrees 40.095 minutes, WGS 84 datum

Attachments

• Eureka-Trip-nov-04-016-web.jpg
    Eureka-Trip-nov-04-016-web.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 191
  • Eureka-Trip-nov-04-020-web.jpg
    Eureka-Trip-nov-04-020-web.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 205
Our windows down to chat, the driver anxiously warned us that there was a naked man on the opposite side of the punchbowl. Relieved that there was no emergency, I asked if maybe the naked man was worth seeing too. "Oh no!", was their reply and off they went. This is one geological wonder we will return to and visit again. The fellow was a distance away soaking in one of the springs at the mound's base. N 39 degrees 01.837 minutes, W 116 degrees 40.095 minutes, WGS 84 datum
[/quote]

I was in Panamint Springs camp talking to a jeeper that had just come back from Saline Valley Hot Springs who warned me "It's full a damned naked people though, so watch out!" it cracks me up every time, what do people expect at hot springs?

Funny. Like some nekkid people are going to destroy the world or hurt people eh? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom