Difference between FWC and ATC

Pete D

I'm kinda new to this truck camper stuf, esp these nifty pop-ups, so I'm wondering what the difference is between FWC and ATC....

BTW, I'm not new to backpacking or RV camping (Full Timed in a Jayco 16' for three years and a Scamp 13' for six), just to pickup campers.

I'm kinda new to this truck camper stuf, esp these nifty pop-ups, so I'm wondering what the difference is between FWC and ATC....

BTW, I'm not new to backpacking or RV camping (Full Timed in a Jayco 16' for three years and a Scamp 13' for six), just to pickup campers.

There is a thread on here somewhere (I've been searching, but can't find it) that does a good job of explaining the history, relationship, etc. Does anyone know the thread? We probably can't do justice to the difference, but Ben and Stan will add their $0.02 I'm sure. Here is the quick and dirty: they are basically sister products using the same basic designs, materials, etc due to historical circumstance. But they are two separate companies and both seem to have strong customer focus and great products.

Hello "Pete D"

Just give me a call when you have time (toll free)

Stan Kennedy 800-242-1442

I would be gald to tell you about our campers (no hard core sale pitch, laughs), just an overview on some differences.

Both Four Wheel Campers and All Terrain Campers are very similar, but at the same so very different as to what parts & piece go into building them.

Both campers appeal to a niche in the market. Once customers see the differences between the two companies, understand what they are looking at, and decide what options they would like for their camper, they will usually go to one company or another (depending on what suits their needs best).

Hope to talk with you further.

two big differences, at least two that appeal to me...just to throw this out there...ATC are 4" wider, FWC have the super cool fold out couch design. while i have an FWC, i have talked to ben extensively at ATC and it has always been a pleasure, no offense stan :) . seems like both outfits make great products...let us know what you find out!

Thanks all! Stan, I will give you a call, but please post your comments here so they are available for others who follow or lurk.

I presently own a Scamp 13' (fiberglass travel trailer for those who aren't familiar with them) and am on several fiberglass trailer groups. Scamp apparently started out in the US as a sort of Boler (now defunct, but plenty of their trailers still running around in the US and CA) franchise by two brothers. According to the lore, one brother split off and started Casita; the 13' and 16' models are quite similar, yet there are differences, so folks on the various groups ask which one is best, and the FWC-ATC relationship has some similarities.

So, I'm really not interested in a Who's Better contest (not that there's any of that going on here), rather just some facts about the differences.

I presently have a 98' Ford Ranger 4x4, 4.0L and long (7') bed. I've done a lot of traveling, and like back roads and some boondocks, but don't plan on doing any serious, rock-climbing off-road stuf, so that's my intended application and I'm interested in any and all suggestions and opinions.

I presently have a 98' Ford Ranger 4x4, 4.0L and long (7') bed. I've done a lot of traveling, and like back roads and some boondocks, but don't plan on doing any serious, rock-climbing off-road stuf, so that's my intended application and I'm interested in any and all suggestions and opinions.

Pete, the guy I bought my FWC Ranger from had it on a long bed Chevy S-10 and on a Dodge Dakota. He said it was no problem with either of those.

Attachments

• ranger03.jpg
    ranger03.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 499
Atc Vs Fwc

Same here, give a call anytime and I will be happy to go over the differences. FWC does have the neat couch and offers more options than we do. You really can't go wrong with them.

800-446-1003

... PeteD wrote ...

I'm slowly working on a web page for our www.fourwheelcampers.com website to show the differences between our campers and some of the others on the market today.

Check back soon to our site -- I might make a brief mention of it on this site once we have it ready.

I promised the moderator of this site that we would all play together nicely (laughs). I'm afraid if I post all of the information here it might come accross the wrong way. We are not here to bash each others products. Yet, at the same time I do want to highlight why we here at Four Wheel Campers think our campers are some of the best on the market today.

We have had a very successful 30 years of building and selling the Four Wheel Pop-up Campers. Construction materials, workmanship, and usage really set us apart from other manufacturers.

Most of our customers really consider our campers a long-term investment in value.

More to come soon on this topic ...

I hear you; there's a fine line sometimes between bashing the other guy's product and extolling the virtues of your own, but in the long run I believe studies have shown that bashing turns customers off... Sounds to me so far that ATC and FWC both have a fine rep.

Back
Top Bottom