Digital Art?

Stalking Light

Feral Grandpa
Does anyone play around with plugins like those from Topaz Labs to manipulate their photos? I've been playing around with Topaz and it's a fun set of tools but I'm not sure how to categorize the results. :)

There is a strength slider on some, though, so used gently they can be used to simply enhance a photo rather than make it look like a painting or something, but I haven't experimented much with that approach yet.

_L7A2954-Edit-2.jpg

_D3S0256-Edit-2-Edit.jpg

_L2A4281-Edit-Edit.jpg

_D3S5180-Edit-Edit.jpg

I never really used elements, but have used some of the Topaz plugins for a while from LR and PS. I just recently started playing with Glow and Impression. They have some very cool effects but I just can't decide where, if anywhere, they fit into my workflow.

Those are super cool looking. I'm not going to wade into the categorization issue though. Too many people running around yelling about "real photography." I figure you can do anything you like as long as you don't try to pass it off as something else. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Cool effects, Charlie. I don't have any experience with Topaz or Nik for that matter. I think there's a graphical use for these in some instances. We have a local graphic artist who has posterized images of famous landmark buildings with some commercial success.

Spent last week in Bella Coola, BC looking for Grizzlies. Came across this while looking. Eagle and Raven sharing a perch........

Bella%20Coola%20Eagle%20%282%20of%202%29-L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom