Dish Washing in Hawk Shell

claws

Advanced Member
I'm curious as to how Shell owners wash their dishes and dispose of their grey water. I ordered my Hawk Shell model because of weight considerations given my F 150 payload limitations. I can figure out how to cook, eat, and sleep in the shell, but I could use some ideas for dish washing. Any tips will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim

Get a small plastic tub about 10"x12"x4"deep.
If your in a campground just dump the gray water in the restroom toilet.

I have a sink and use the tub.Wipe the dishes with paper towels that way
the grey water doesn't have food stuff in it.
I think you can toss the clean gray water away from camp.
Frank

We just use one of the collapsible basins and bio degradable camp suds. We try and get all food particles off with a paper towel which gets thrown away. We don’t camp in RV parks etc so that gray water will get poured around a near by bush or tree. We also don’t use grease or animal fats in our cooking.

Thanks guys. The paper towel idea is perfect. I don't know why I didn't think of it. What's a good brand of bio degradable soap?

Kim

I have always used McNett/Outgo Camp Suds it is EPA rated and thoroughly tested for biodegradability.

My dishes are stored in a small plastic tote that can double as a washbasin as needed.
But, I make extensive use of a beagle prewash so seldom do I need to do more than sanitize and dry. I use a spray bottle of 10% bleach.
Silverware is stored in a water bottle in 10% bleach and taken out and dried when needed.
I use a regular flour sack dish towel most of the time; paper towels as needed.

JaSAn said:
My dishes are stored in a small plastic tote that can double as a washbasin as needed.
But, I make extensive use of a beagle prewash so seldom do I need to do more than sanitize and dry. I use a spray bottle of 10% bleach.
Silverware is stored in a water bottle in 10% bleach and taken out and dried when needed.
I use a regular flour sack dish towel most of the time; paper towels as needed.
I like the Beagle pre wash idea. I have a Weimaraner but probably won't use her for a pre wash since she has a habit of eating dog poop. Thanks all for the ideas.

Back
Top Bottom