DIY video, Quick pitch Camper mounted Shower curtain, Slick! 4/24/20, my eventual solution

Stokeme

I have been beating the bushes trying to find an alternative to spending $$$ on the Aussie version of this handy shower tent. Below is a parts list issued by the the innovator. He charges a reasonable fee for his building plan ~$12. Parts for this would be ~$75? The two brackets he mentions welding would be the hiccup to producing this very light weight drop down enclosure using the Plano or some other type of receiver pack.

Product QTY Description
1 Plano Rifle case 1 Case for the shower
2 1" x 3" U channel 1 Left and Right Support arm
3 1" x 1" U channel 1 Rear Support arm
4 Nylon Ripstop 5 Shower Material
5 Aluminum Rod 5 Curtain Weights
6 Nylon Webbing 1 straps for curtain
7 1" flat bar x 3' 1 mounting bracket
8 2" flat bar x 1.5' 1 mounting bracket

I have not started on a build yet, but it is definitely in my future. Just happened upon it last night. The link would be the web address listed on the video. Machine or metal fabrication shop would be a good start. When I start looking I could post or send message.
I would like to emulate a “road shower” type water delivery setup using a pressurized aluminum or pvc type vessel. Mount it in conjunction with the shower curtain, on the driver’s side header, like the side awning on the passenger side. Carry the shower combo on the exterior as opposed to packing it in the interior.

That's a pretty nice design! Looks like the plans are on sale right now for $10 (minus a penny).

Yeah, ditto. One very quick thought was grommets & carabiners? Maybe I can sweet talk my daughter-in-law :)

Stokeme said:

I have been beating the bushes trying to find an alternative to spending $$$ on the Aussie version of this handy shower tent. Below is a parts list issued by the the innovator. He charges a reasonable fee for his building plan ~$12. Parts for this would be ~$75? The two brackets he mentions welding would be the hiccup to producing this very light weight drop down enclosure using the Plano or some other type of receiver pack.

Product QTY Description
1 Plano Rifle case 1 Case for the shower
2 1" x 3" U channel 1 Left and Right Support arm
3 1" x 1" U channel 1 Rear Support arm
4 Nylon Ripstop 5 Shower Material
5 Aluminum Rod 5 Curtain Weights
6 Nylon Webbing 1 straps for curtain
7 1" flat bar x 3' 1 mounting bracket
8 2" flat bar x 1.5' 1 mounting bracket
Reviving an old thread. Has any inmate here built one of the enclosures? I have dreams of camping again when the c/ quester is over! Thinking of adding a lateral brace rod above to hang shower head and keep things from collapsing. Does it all seem durable enough to be a real asset???

Forward from last June 2019 to present, I purchased a Zero Declination drop down shower curtain. Current price is $279 if you include the helpful, & custom made, FWC install hardware. I got to use it once, DVNP in February, before Covid “shelter in place”. Here is the Zero Declination FB site ..... visual pic & video posts
https://m.facebook.com/Zero-Declination-561712754318309/posts
Here is the ZD website ..... https://www.zerodeclination.com/shop/fulton-cycle-854wg
Here is my review & install post ..... https://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/17753-grandby-shell-build-it-takes-a-village-a-bit-more-install-info-zero-declination-drop-down-shower-curtain/page-5
Lastly here is the original Australian version, my Bride very much wanted, but I could not get my head around the price, $449. That is the reason for this original thread. To do it myself. After exploring all options, I came across ZD, actually my wife did, on the FWC FB page, as a business idea taking root. I like the product, the owner is a FWC owner & I believe was/is a FWC tech/installer. With research, to make a “one off”, having to overbuy materials, my savings did not justify the trouble, for me.
https://backwoodsoverland.com/product/quick-pitch-en-suite/

An externally mounted quick pitch type of shower/privacy curtain is hard to beat for ease & efficiency. It’s multipurpose use increases our FWC usability. Happy trails.

Realizing that everyone has their own priorities, I still had to chuckle that no one responding to this thread commented on the FWC thread as to whether a Hot Water Heater (shower) is a necessity or a luxury. The one point brought out here was the opinions and needs of female travelers which could change the whole dynamic.

Boonie

Boonie said:
Realizing that everyone has their own priorities, I still had to chuckle that no one responding to this thread commented on the FWC thread as to whether a Hot Water Heater (shower) is a necessity or a luxury. The one point brought out here was the opinions and needs of female travelers which could change the whole dynamic.

Boonie
Total Luxury! Let’s face it if you have a FWC you are glamping anyhow so why not have it all?
Hot shower,massage oil, heated river rocks on the back ...Oh Yea!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom