Do you know your "reputation"?

Bseek

Gypsy Feet
Poking around in the WTW forum homepage, down near the bottom, I checked out the Overall Top Posters. What I saw wasn't a big surprise. I know who the hot air folks are on the board, and I love them for it. But off to the left is a green or gray button that shows their "reputation". Assuming 31 is good (Dirty Dog for example) not bad, what the heck is this and how do you earn a reputation? Of course I had to run check out my own, and was pleasantly surprised, but still confused. I would love some enlightenment.

One thing to be aware of regarding WTW Reputation points:
A member who joined July 28, 2009 or earlier started with 10 points (even if they never made a single post) while those who joined July 29, 2009 or later started with 0 points. DirtyDog told me this, and you can see it's true by sorting the member list by join date:

wtw_member-date.jpg

So, to see how many Reputation points a member really has, how many they've been "awarded" by other members, if the member's join date was prior to July 29, 2009 you need to subtract 10 points from the number of points shown. (e.g., DirtyDog really has earned 21 points)

Members award other members Reputation points by clicking on this button on the post that they like

wtw_points-add.jpg

Like all volunteered opinion polls, take Reputation points with a grain of salt...or maybe a whole cellar of salt
wink.gif

One thing to be aware of regarding WTW Reputation points:
A member who joined July 28, 2009 or earlier started with 10 points (even if they never made a single post) while those who joined July 29, 2009 or later started with 0 points. DirtyDog told me this, and you can see it's true by sorting the member list by join date:

View attachment 16431

So, to see how many Reputation points a member really has, how many they've been "awarded" by other members, if the member's join date was prior to July 29, 2009 you need to subtract 10 points from the number of points shown. (e.g., DirtyDog really has earned 21 points)

Members award other members Reputation points by clicking on this button on the post that they like
wtw_points-add.jpg

Like all volunteered opinion polls, take Reputation points with a grain of salt...or maybe a whole cellar of salt
wink.gif

Thank you Mark for shining some light on this.Like you said a little salt goes a long way.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom