Do you think I need air bags?

DLN,
With the add-a-leaf, my height with the camper is now the same as what it was before stock with no camper and the drive is nice. We're taking our first long weekend in it this weekend so that will give me an idea about whether I will want to add bags or anything else.

I have to admit, I have been on forums for all kinds of things: computers, cell phones, even AT & T Uverse. But this one has, by far, been themost helpful and the most useful. No nasty snipes at the newbie. I like that!

Nasty snipes? Running boards? I'll let you settle in first. Theres plenty of time for snipes.

Jay, that's true. Furthermore, and I'm not completely sure, but I think I detect a bit of American truck (i.e. Ford) envy in your tone... ;)

Anyway, Greg, we need to see pictures of the INSIDE, too! Enjoy your weekend!

SB

I've caught myself wanting the truck/camper to handle more like a spports car:confused: I'm used to taking turns quickly and I have to remind myself I have a mini house on the back of my bloated diesel. My truck isn't pretty, nor the camper but I have invested in making it work well. I put in new rear springs, am adding a leveling kit to the front, putting on the airbags in the rear, and ordered up new gas shocks all around. When I get all that on I think I'm done. Won't be a sports car but should handle well enough.

Today I loaded my 650 Suzuki dualsport on the rear hitch carrier, another good reason for the airbags:D

Pictures after the add-a-leaf outpatient surgery

I'll include inside pictures after this weekend! Thanks for all the help!

:D

And I LIKE my Flareside with running boards! ;p

Attachments

• Photo001a.jpg
    Photo001a.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 195
  • Photo002a.jpg
    Photo002a.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 178
That looks a lot better.

From my perspective, it still looks over sized, but I'm a 4x4 kind of guy. The suspension looks a lot happier, though. I'd be interested to hear if you add air bags later.

Concerning the running boards...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom